Thursday, May 3, 2012

Contrasts

Good evening,

So today I'm slugging through the rain, seeing 5 properties, San Pablo, Richmond, Vallejo, Concord and Bethel Island and I'm getting thoughtful texts from Jason and Jo who are roughing it in Kona.  Now that is contrast.  Of course there was last December when I was roughing it in Kona and they were in still working at MBA in the dead of winter.  So fair is fair I guess.

Actually considering what they are facing in the future, Jason commuting to SF to law school and Jo teaching every day, they will have some very nice memories to keep them going.

My morning started at 5:30 when I could not stay in bed any longer.  My body knew the day ahead and urged me to get up.  After a hot shower and good breakfast I waded through a couple hours of research and left.  While driving through Antioch I looked over to see that my supply of inspection sheets was down to one sheet and I had five houses to see.  Bummer, already running on the edges of late I left the freeway for Staples and a copier, then the diabetes nurse from Kaiser called to say, where was I, I was supposed to be in her office, well I had no record of it so I was sort of read the right act while I needed to have the copies made, I felt the stress rising.  Finally I got off the phone after being told I needed to decide what was more important, work or diabetes, great choice there!  .65 cents later I had my copies and rejoined the masses on the freeway.  I arrived about 30 minutes late but had no firm appointment.  The house was crawling with workmen finishing up the newly constructed home.  I quickly did my work and then after shooting the comps drove to Richmond where I found a two story combo house, some new parts, some old parts and a water heater stuffed in the closet sitting directly on the floor, not elevated like it is supposed to be.

I caught Taco Bell and then drove to Vallejo for an on time arrival, that one went great, lovely people and a very cute house.  Then to Starbucks to be overcharged for a peppermint mocha no fat, none sugar drink. 

In Concord I found an original Eichler home, its a special kind of home known for radiant heat in the floor, an atrium in the middle of the house and a nearly level roof.  It was like a step back in time to the 50s.  Once I was finished there the next stop was Bethel Island which is always an interesting stop.  I found a three story high building of which only the top level is level living area, the rest was done after the county finalized the home so I can give it nothing but storage value.  The home looked OK, thigh high weeds everywhere and inside the carpets looked awful, stained and filthy, the pergo floors sort of creepy.  I finally managed to get it measured and then I was on the road again.

After a stop at Subway for a 6 inch vege sandwich I finally made it home.  I'm back on the road in the morning to Stockton at 10 and then I think it will be back to the office to generate some reports.

Life is pretty exciting and tonight I'm very tired.  Just took a break to enjoy, is that really possible, to enjoy an episode of Revenge, that show is intense but so interesting.  Now I'm ready to push the slumber button.

I'm sending love to all, thanks for being my family, my friends and a special shout out to Becky Lanza who managed to break both bones recently.  I was so sorry to hear about her misfortune.  She is a great lady who I have great respect for.

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment