Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Its hot out there

We are getting hit with a bit of summer and its early.  My little bug displayed over 90 all day today even over in Fremont and Union City.  Tracy was warm also but my time out in the heat is relatively short as measuring around regular homes involves less than 15 minutes usually and I move from shade to shade as I'm writing down the numbers.  Still I prefer not to have it so hot.  Oh well I could be in Houston where they have had it over 90 for days.  Reports say Houston is growing but having been there I'm not sure why, miserable weather but wonderful people.

I had a chance to stop in and chat with Becky Lanza.  Now if you happen to know the Tracy SDA church family then you know that Becky and Dick are pillars, they are the go to people to make things happen and recently while they were at their cabin in the mountains above Livermore Becky slipped on wet grass and went down breaking both bones in her leg in the process.  The cabin is located way out away from civilization so Dick had to help her with their little 4 wheel vehicle up the hill and to the car.  Then they had to drive to find help.  They ended up in a Pleasanton hospital where surgeons put her let back together with a rod and pins.

So it was fun to visit a bit and they showed me movies and stills of their little cabin which they have improved so much since they started going there, amazing really, no electrical service, no running water yet they have it working great and enjoy it very much.

Once I pulled myself away I came on home to begin working, a usual days has some writing of new work and some dealing with complaints from clients about wording or typos and that work is usually irritating but part of the total process.  It certainly keeps one humble as one gets his work torn apart by people half your age and with much less experience.  You just have to keep still, thank them for bugging you and move ahead.

Today Jason and family are flying home.  I know that is not a fun experience with little Mia, the altitude can get to the ears and just holding still for so long can be boring for a little one.  I'm so glad they have had a chance to relax a bit before the next chapter in their lives.

Well for me its back to work.  Right now I'm working on one in Sacramento, a sale of a nice home for a steal of a price, happens all the time.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment