Friday, May 11, 2012

Totally exhausted tonight

Dear Family and Friends,

Well its Friday evening and thats a huge blessing!  I'm just back from Aladinos, our local pizza place and I've had the honor of dining with the local family.  The clown was there who makes such incredible balloon creatures and both Keanna and Kalli were rewarded with great renditions.  It was nice to sort of unwind with Nikki and Steve.  I confined myself to just two slices and a great salad.

I started this morning at 6, had breakfast of cheerios and a banana, then settled in my work chair to get some things done, next thing I knew it was late and too much time had passed.  I had just enough time to quickly do research and hit the road.

My first appointment was in the little town of Rio Vista, that is where Humphry the Whale ventured a few years ago, up a fresh water river and away from the sea.  He was finally coaxed back to the ocean but it took a while and Rio Vista had its moment of fame.  The agent had just opened the door for me, the house was empty so that one went quickly.

I used Highway 12 which is commonly known as blood alley, in the past its been a very dangerous road and make much more so by the way people raced along getting killed on a regular basis.  It is the way that lodi people travel to Pacific Union College up in Angwin and several young people have been hurt or killed using this stretch of road that reaches from Lodi to Fairfield.  Now the road is new, widened, the blind spots removed and its a much safer avenue for travel.

I arrived in San Anselmo 30 minutes early and found no one home, so I measured what I could without going through back gates, then left a card and went to shoot the comps.  Later I returned to the house and still no one there.  So after over a hour of waiting I concluded that I had been stood up and headed back to Oakley for the last one of the day.  I arrived at that home over an hour early but by phone the owner had said it was fine.  By now it was really warm, about 91 and I moved slowly as I measured.  I was glad to get it over with and drove home.  I felt really low on energy but when I took a reading of my blood sugar it was 212, not at all what I expected.

Mostly I am just tired, worn out from a week of long hours and short nights.  I'm very grateful for having work and especially thankful for Steve's help with writing up reports.

My wish for you is happiness, peace, a chance to chat with family and friends, a moment of real living, that is my wish for me as well.  In the morning I'll take the girls to SS in Tracy, always a nice break from my busy routine.  I'll also get to see my friends for a few minutes, always a great opportunity.

Now I'm sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment