Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sabbath with the girls

This morning we drove to SS in Tracy.  At first Kallie was the only kiddo in the room but Kim started the program anyway, then Jackie came in and then there were two.  Jackie is a little girl less than 2 years old and she likes to explore.  Its very exciting as Kallie wants to do her own thing and Jackie is roaming the room but its all good and a very positive experience.

We got to see friends and saw George and Yvonne again at Strings were we had lunch.  As we were walking out Kallie and Keanna comments on how much the liked Dr. George.  Little people can tell when someone cares, I thought it was nice and I was proud of George for projecting such love to my little people.

Eventually I turned the girls over to their mom as today is picture day and they were headed there for birthday photos.

I came home and fell sound asleep in my work chair as I was reading emails.  Of course its nice sitting in front of the AC and I just was tired.  Later I stirred and went outside to work on the edger, it finally started but in the process I managed to get a whiff of starter fluid into my right eye, its not been the same since even though I flushed it out a couple times.  I checked out the sprinkler system to make sure my tomato plants are getting enough water and knocked down some weeds here and there.  After all in about a month Dana and the boys are set to arrive.

This evening Ray and I decided to do a BBQ but by the time we went to Safeway after dark it was too late so we'll do it tomorrow.  Nikki shared some tomatoes she picked up somewhere and they are so good, its a nice thing about summer, the tomatoes are worth eating, so good.

Well the garbage disposal has died so I picked up a new one which I will install tomorrow.  Fortunately that is something I've done many times over the years so that's how I'll celebrate mothers day.  How I used to love the day with Nan.  She was a great mom and once again we are robbed of having her here to thank.  Part of life died with her that day, its just a fact.

Hope your day tomorrow will be pleasant and that you will get a chance to honor your mom, your wife, your special person.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment