Saturday, May 19, 2012

She is very nice

This has been a relaxed Sabbath.  I got to see my dear friends in Tracy at church, Kallie and Keanna got to go to their Sabbath School programs where Kim and Sylvia did their normal outstanding job of teaching and inspiring.

We lunched at Sonic and it was surprisingly good, Kallie pursued all birdies that came around begging food and we enjoyed her attempts to "touch a bird", she didn't even get close.

This evening Nikki, Steve and girls are camping in a cabin somewhere in the delta, the girls were so excited about the prospect and mom and day were really into it too.  I'm so thankful for my precious children and when they are happy it gives me instant happiness too.

This morning I had an email from a new friend I met through Seniors Meet, a web site for us aged ones.  We have been emailing back and forth quite a bit and I found her ability to communicate outstanding.  So this evening we had dinner at Mimi's in Antioch on Lone Tree Way.  I was nervous, mostly about my weight and looks but also about stepping out of my comfort zone, just being alone most of the time.  Well she was great, dressed casually, soft spoken and confident and was an excellent dinner companion.  No wonder she can communicate well, she has a doctorate in education and is a retired instructor.  Her life has been very interesting and she lost her precious husband after many years of a illness that struck and was responsible for his death about a year later.  She learned how to manage pic lines and to do many of the things that reality had me doing with Nan.  She speaks in glowing terms of her life with her husband but is testing the waters to see if she is ready to move forward.  I cannot begin to convey what a good time I had and as minutes passed I realized how young she looks though she was born a month before me in 1948.  She loves boating, RV camping, horses, hiking and is a very practical lady. 

I hope to see her again and something stirred inside, a nice feeling for a nice lady.

Well on that happy note I'll be singing off, tomorrow I start in Oakley and then move on to Fair Oaks, then back to drop by a gift for Melissa at her shower, then write up the two reports and crash.  Life is good, not great but good and great when I get to care for the grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment