Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Traveling man

Dear Family and Friends,
George just called to remind me, no blog yet so I'm getting with it.  As is usual at this time of day I'm very tired and after days of almost no coughing today is a bad one.

This morning I rolled out at 6, researched the day and left on time at 8 am.  I arrived 20 minutes early in San Anselmo and this time the owner was home.  It was a lovely home and she was great, cute little 2 year old so we talked kids and I enjoyed the visit.

Once I was through in San Anselmo I left for Napa.  In Napa I found a less desirable home but met an agent named Vic who was great.  We inspected the home together and found less of a mess than we expected.  A good crew could change things a lot over a weekend.  The property has a huge lot with plenty of room to build a second home or have a pool and tennis courts.  At the present time the value is probably just over $200K in its present condition.

In Napa I found a shade tree and enjoyed the yogurt and water I had brought from home in my nifty new flexible ice lunch box.  Then I left for Vacaville where I had to find a property management office, get a key and then drive to the house to see it.  Its a rental that was just purchased less than a month ago.  I think they hope to improve their rate on a new loan.  It was OK and the lady at the management company was so nice.  She dug out some rent comps for me.  All the while I was listening to a book on the ipod as I travelled.  This is a series set in the future with a lady detective who wrestles with her own past demons and puts away bad guys or women depending on the story.  They are even worth listening to over at least once.  Written by Nora Roberts and help pass the hundreds of miles I drive each week.

Met up with Ray and Lois at our local pizza place tonight and I had a huge salad plus a couple pieces of pizza.  Brought the rest home in the box to be metered out over the next few days one piece at a time.

Tomorrow morning I'm in Alameda for a relocation report and then back to pick up Keanna from school.  The work is continuing to come in for which I'm grateful.  Steve is helping a lot right now which helps us both.

My friend who I had dinner with the other night keeps popping into my mind, I think that is a very good sign!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment