Friday, May 4, 2012

Dining out at the Hilton, no CostCo!

I've been having fun texting and chatting with Jason and he and the family enjoy some down time in Kona.  This morning I thought I understood that they were going to lunch by the lagoon at the wonderful Hilton and I was remembering how much I love that place, yummy garden burgers while watching people swim with the dolphins or paddle on the huge lagoon which is between the beach and the back of the Hilton with its multi story columns and panoramic views. This is the same Hilton where you can go to your room by gondola on a canal or by train or actually walk.  Its a great destination and so fun to visit.
Later Jason texted to say they had dined at Costco and were on their way back to the unit for a nap.  They are having a great time and I'm so very happy for them.  They face some challenging times ahead as they must move, locate a new place to live, figure out the commute to SF every day for Jason, Jo needs to settle into her new job, lots of changes taking place so a little R&R is a great idea.

I rolled out, actually stagger would be more correct as it takes a minute for my head to adjust to movement.  After a quick shower I came down and started working.  Until a few minutes ago I've worked all day.  First I did research and set up files, then left for Stockton to see a place, shot comps for the one I did not make it to the other night and then drove home.  Before I left Steve had come by with the dogs and they had a great time swimming and chasing the tennis balls.  In fact they were very reluctant to get back in the car and go home.  Steve is helping by writing up a couple today, its a huge boost when he helps.

Once I rolled in I went to work and wrote up two this afternoon, one was the sale in Stockton and one was a sale in the hills of Oakland.  Then I started work on one for Mantra but as the day progressed I decided to take a vacation.   Heading outside I started up the edger and trimmed up the front yard, then pulled the faithful mower out and knocked down two weeks worth of grass, it looks so much better now.  Then I attached the blower to the edger motor and blew the bits and pieces into the street, actually I just like to use that machine, so fun.

During the day while I worked I let the washer and dryer do a load too.  Multi tasking makes great sense.  This evening Nikki dropped in, life is so great when you get to talk to your son in Hawaii and see your daughter in the same day.  She is enjoying her new job very much and the lack of a fight with traffic every day is very special. 

She told me this evening to save the first weekend in June, its Kallie's first dance recital.  Bummer, that is the church campout weekend and that makes me very sad.  How I hate to miss when the kiddos do something special.

I think I have them for SS in the morning which will be great. Tracy SDA is such a special place.

Love to all and enjoy your Sabbath, your weekend, your chance to live life with those you love and adore.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment