Thursday, November 29, 2012

A lousy day

Start off with the fact that I ran out of my heart medicine that had been doubled but then no one changed the prescription so I would have enough, so yesterday morning I ran out, had ordered several days ago but they did not respond, well during the night my heart began to race and the same thing was happening this morning.  The walk to the park had my heart racing the whole time.

Then after some very quick research I hit the road running to Pittsburg.  The first house had to be section 8 renters and the carpets were so filthy, I don't think they can be cleaned.  The place was a huge disaster, just amazing how bad it can be, some bedrooms were locked and I could not get in at all.

Once I was through with that mess I decided to head to Kaiser to beg for a few heart pills.  The pharmacist said sure and then I waited, after 30 minutes I went up to the counter and I saw her face.  She had totally forgotten me so then she quickly filled the prescription and I was gracious though I felt like yelling.  Now I was one hour behind.  The next property was in Pleasanton and they were very nice.  It was as nice as the first place was awful.

Then I raced to a third place in Pleasanton which was perfect and then I had a minute to grab something from Burger King.  The last place was ordinary on the outside but was beautiful inside.  Everything was new and high quality, the guy could do just about anything he set his mind to.

Shooting the comps was mostly very dark but I've learned that if I turn the flash off and just hold the camera still I can get photos even when the darkness is coming on.

I was glad when I was through but was so sleepy that I pulled off in a neighborhood.  When I woke later I could not figure out where I was, finally I realized the road I had pulled off from and drove on home.

During the afternoon I had purchased a new low beam headlight for the Civic.  Once I got home I loosened the battery and unhooked the light, trying to fit the new one in I could not make it work so I drove to town to a auto parts store to buy a bulb that would fit, they told me I had pulled the high beam bulb, to go back home and do the low beam.  They were right and now I have headlamps again but my left hand is so bruised due to the thin blood and working against the battery in the car. Anyway it is done.

Now I'm heading to bed.  Last night I woke at 11 and came down, wrote an appraisal and then went back to bed at about 2 having finished a report.  Now I'm very sleepy.  Its been a rough day today but right now I'm feeling much better finally.

This evening an old friend Don Bennett called.  Don has been helpful as a very funny friend and has given lots of legal advice over the years.  I found out that he has a new heart, his old one had given up.  Tonight he calls me and we talk for an hour, he is doing well and is so funny and quick, what a hoot to hear from him again.  Friends are like diamonds, they glitter and shine, are always precious and last for ever.

Love to all,

Tim
ps, good news, the company Valuation Partners accepted the email I sent showing the outstanding fees and has agreed to cut a very large check on December 7.  It will pay the outstanding amount I owe for last years taxes.  I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment