Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Needed Break

Good evening

While enjoying an Indian Summer day, great weather, lots of sunshine it was good to just let the weight of running the company slip off the shoulders and relax in the Lord today.  Now the way I relax in the Lord might be different than how you do so.

I slept in, then had my steel cut oats and a slice of really dark rye bread from Trader Joe's with avocado and Stripples.  Then it was time to take Pooka to the park for a walk, she loved it and enjoyed every step.  My heart seemed to do fine and when I got back I took my vitals and found my heart beat was 70, that was surprising.

My next step was to help Nikki with Kallie.  Kallie was at a birthday party which was being held at a home a couple blocks away.  When I arrived I found a smiling Nikki, an excited Kallie, no wonder.  They had hired the bus, an old bus filled with fun things for little people, a zip line, a money bars, a trampoline, a big circular thing to crawl through.  The two girls working the bus never stopped smiling and did a great job with the mob of kids.  On the driveway there was also a huge jumpy house with a side slide and that was full of activity as well.  The event was well planned with fruit for the adults and I think all the kiddos had a super time.  I met some of the moms who were very friendly and motivated to mingle.

Once that was over Kallie came back to my house where she picked tomatoes and washed them in the web bar sink today, so cute.  Then Nikki reached us to say they were eating at Red Robin, so we drove there to meet for lunch.  Just before we left Kallie had wanted to watch the Lion King, one of her favorites but we discovered that the laptop was missing a link to play DVDs.  So I downloaded the link for $15 and in a few minutes the laptop started playing DVDs, a major success story.

We had a great lunch, Keanna was happy since her team won today and the food was good in spite of their being buried with happy lunch goers.  Then I headed home for some rest.

I slept a bit on the couch while watching some christian satellite TV and then this evening I rolled the washer so kindly given me by a local friend, washer and dryer!  I hooked up the washer to a water source, electrical power and started it working to see what its problems are.  Sure enough it does not drain the water out at the end of the cycle.  It dumps after the wash cycle but not all the water and then does not do the rinse cycle at all, bummer.  So I think I'll find a appliance repair person to take a peek, it is so worth it to have such nice equipment, the dryer is just incredible, fast, fluffy clothes and holds such a large load, I feel blessed.

Well tomorrow will be busy and I'm very thankful for something to do.  I did enjoy the Sabbath hours today.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment