Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Can I help someone?

Dear Family and Friends,

Friend Art is in Aruba, friend Sylvia is flying to south America tomorrow, Tim will be flying to Livermore, Ruby Hill, Pleasanton and Castro Valley with a side trip to Dublin to my tract where homes are beginning to close and people are moving in.  All very exciting, still it would be great to get out of town.

Today I've stuck very close to home, have cranked out about 4 reports today, not bad.  In addition Jessie came and continues to work magic on the files, now has most of the check logged, appraisals paid and in boxes ready for the garage, the office is starting to take shape and its nice.  She has the ability to focus on tasks at hand and just makes the files jump into place.

Keanna came to visit this afternoon and was totally thrilled with her report card, can you imagine, I used to try to hide mine so my folks would not have to see the carnage their son had accomplished.  She took a huge test and out of the entire test missed 1.  Her teacher's comments were extremely encouraging regarding Keanna's future.  What a terrific student she has turned out to be.  She met Jessie and I think Jessie approves, I think Keanna approves as well.

Tomorrow I'm back out but I'm trying to be more forceful in when I can do inspections.  Instead of calling homeowners and basically saying when do you want me to come I now have appointments available that they can select from, on the days I want to be out, I'm tired of running to Oakland for one appointment, wasting half the day on driving when I could be writing.  So the plan is working out well.  My favorite is this, I call and they say well we work.  Great, so have someone come over and let me in, hide a key, make a plan, I work as well and if they want an appraisal they have to make allowances.  I'm just holding my ground and they then start to make arrangements.

For now I'm tired and its time to begin to do research for tomorrows appraisals.  Never wait for the morning, something could be down, printer might not work, a host of problems can pop up. Do it the night before, my motto.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment