Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Excellent day

Well it started rather early this morning, let me ask you, if you have decided that you need to get up at a certain time do you often wake before the alarm goes off just because your mind is set to get up, I woke and it was dark, I wondered why I was awake and then the alarm went off, it was 5:30 and it seemed so early.  Last night I had a dreadful time getting all the research completed for todays appointments, the Internet was slow and then stopped altogether, very frustrating, I paused to wonder what lesson God was trying to teach me, still not sure.

So I didn't get to go to bed until about 11:30 last night and the night was short.

So I left the house before 7 so I could try to get to Fremont by 8, GPS said it was possible but traffic said otherwise.  Finally traffic opened up and I got there at 8:20 which gave me enough time to complete my work before 9 am.

Then I raced for a nearby little condo to do that one at 9, then I raced to yet another townhome for a 10 am appointment, then I found a Starbucks and relaxed a bit, had my multi grain bagel and skinny peppermint mocha decaf with a little whip.  Its my drink these days.  I can stretch it about 2 hours before it is cold and I'm done.

Once the three were over I headed for Dublin where I did a final inspection on a home that just had its carpet installed.  It was filled with a cleaning crew, no one spoke english, got me to thinking about the way things are now.  Are they working there because none of the 23 million people out of work are unwilling to work?  I wonder what is the truth, I really don't know.  Have we come to the place where we are unwilling to work at simple jobs anymore? If so thats sad because those jobs need to be done just the same as my job or yours.

After Dublin I drove home, picked up a tank of diesel for $3.90 a gallon, now that is better.  I was home for a few minutes, enough to drive the motorhome out of storage, then put a little heater to dry out the carpet in a couple places.  Neighbors are going to use it over Thanksgiving as an extra bedroom once again.  I'll drive it down in the morning for their use.  Makes a couple bucks and they enjoy using it.

Well its way past my bedtime tonight, I'm pleased with the day and I've just written a report this evening that was overdue.

So I'm wishing each of you a thankful time of year.  In spite of the stuff that happens we are blessed, so blessed.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment