Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful

Good evening,

So how does one evaluate a week's activities?  Well I could speak of long days, short nights, extreme fatigue.

But lets look back with a different mind set, thankfulness.  Two years ago I was desperate for work, if I found 5 orders a week I was thankful.  Now I turn down about 15 a day that I could grab and I'm working flat out, so there is a reason to be thankful, work to do, funds to cover needs, to recover from past times.

I've met many different people this week, many different homes, from 900 sf in Oakland on a terrible street, just dangerous, like living in a very dangerous warfront, from that property to a property up in the Berkeley hills occupied by a famed artist, everything perfect, high quality, tasteful, with views of the entire bay from the master bedroom and its own balcony, from 20 acres on the top of a hill in Pleasanton to a tiny condo with hardly enough room to move about.  I've seen a wide range of interiors, from spartan with only a couch and a couple chairs in the kitchen to plush high end decorations with every thing in its own place.  Its all good, interesting and I'm grateful to just had a job that is so interesting.

And I complained about rain drops falling on my measuring paper while on the east coast some have not had a meal or a warm place to exist for days, one just cannot look east without being filled with empathy for their terrible situation, just to be able to go and fill with fuel instead of waiting for hours in a line.  How quickly nature can humble even the most brazen of people.  I hear people are having trouble with cell phone anxiety, that is surviving without cell phones at the ear all the time.

Oh how sad Jesus must be when He observes the mess this world has come to represent, yet He loves his people, all people with such a deep and eternal love.  How His heart must break.

Well the precious Sabbath hours are once again upon us, I have a religious program from XM radio playing through my speakers, certainly interesting, not all would really be counted as GREAT music but interesting to be sure.

So I send my best Sabbath wishes to all this evening.

Love

Tim

I've not heard yet whether I get to take Kallie or Keanna to Sabbath School.  Sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment