Wednesday, November 7, 2012

To the park with Pooka

Good morning
During the night I could not stay asleep, I was awake for most of the night praying and just asking for God's peace, I never found it.  While I was awake about 1:30 I decided to activate my strap on heart monitor, mainly so I could see what activities cause a change in heart rate.  It took a long time to figure out how to make it work and I'm not sure of everything even yet.

In an attempt to clear my head of negative thoughts I rolled out this morning and hooked the monitor and Pooka to a lease and went to the park.  Its pretty amazing how slow I have to walk to keep the beat at 120 and even the little upslopes and downslopes in the park caused it to rise quickly above the safe 120 the doctor has allowed.  While I'm typing it is 100 and moves up and down a bit.  When I coughed a minute ago it shot up into the danger zone and took over a minute to come back down, when I think of the coughing bouts I often have I can only guess what the heart rate must be.  The monitor really helps me know where I'm at, now its bouncing between 77 and 90 as I type.  oh how I wish I could have the Cardioversion and soon.

The walk to the park was good therapy and I have a big day ahead.  In a few minutes I'll shower, eat my steel cut oats and then leave for the Livermore lab, its Wednesday after all, then drive to Piedmont to see a huge house worth 1.6 million or so and while I'm there I'll pick up my good watch from the jewelers, it said its ready, then drive back to Dublin to do a quick reinspection of a house that is now completed, then drive back to Discovery Bay where I'll pick up Keanna so she can spend the afternoon with me.  I try to protect those hours and be back to get her, I know she looks forward to seeing her pappa and today especially I look forward to seeing her.

This afternoon or evening she has a soccer game, she is in the playoffs this year so every game from now on is important.  Its been a good experience for her, I see growing confidence, a new strength in her step and she is growing up too fast.

Well after last nights rather depressing blog I thought I should lay one out with more optimism.

Love to all and thanks for being there.  We need each other, just got a nice text from Jason who is on the other side politically but his text was kind and gentle, I appreciated it.

I hope your days goes well for you.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment