Sunday, November 4, 2012

Solving problems

Dear Friends and Family,
Well here it is evening after a near perfect day weather wise.  I'm sort of guessing since I spent most of the day inside at this computer creating documents that will be looked at a couple times and then filed, oh well its nice to be significant!

During the midday after chatting with Ray and Lois I decided to tackle the washer once again.  This time after some time spend on the web I learned that Maytag Neptune machines have a very specific problem, the wax motor, no kidding that is what they call it, the way motor can fail, its purpose in life is to lock the door when the machine is in motion.  I noticed last night that the light for a locked door never comes on and the door never locks, well that is a huge clue.

Turns out that when the wax motor fails it causes a resistor on the circuit board to fail, to actually burn out and the machine will not spin or empty the last of the water.  Well when we opened it up we found the circuit board just like the picture in the Internet, and the resister was toasted, I mean really burned up with a little smoke trail up the circuit board.  so having found the problems, bad circuit board and wax motor then there was bad news.  While the wax motor is only $10 the circuit board is about $240 to replace.  Some people have tried to just replace the resister and a triod nearby but most reported that those efforts did not work for long.

So I'm going hunting for the circuit board and the wax motor tomorrow.  I have the parts in hand and I'll see how much they want for them at appliance supply places.  sort of fun to find the problem, now if we can just fix it that would be very very nice.

Once we were through playing I rolled the washer back into its corner and came back in to work, during the time working on the washer I suddenly realized that my blood sugar had dropped, I took it and I was down to 81, while I felt lousy I was elated, that is the lowest its been for a very long time.  I had some orange juice and a slice of bread with vege cheese and soon felt fine.  I had skipped lunch and was intent on what I was doing and the sugar fell.

Now I'm putting the final touches on an appraisal, then it will be bed as I have to be in Concord at 8 am in the morning but I think we gain an hour tonight, turn the clocks back, right!  Fall back, spring forward, I think I have it right.

So good night friends and family,

I've felt alone today, it was great having Ray come work with me.  Glad to hear from kids too.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment