Sunday, November 25, 2012

Another excellent day

A friend shared a super devotional book with me that I'm enjoying each morning with breakfast.  Every day its a message from God, uplifting, positive and touching, its great.

This has been one of those days.  First I jumped out of bed and dressed for working.  Then I came down and wrote an appraisal as quickly as I could, they take 2 to 3 hours so there really is no quick to it.  Once I was through with the report and had it emailed to the client, then I headed outside to do some needed winterizing.  Using the new trailer hitch on the Civic I backed in and after many quick trips in and out of the car to get the car just right for the tow dolly I had it hooked up and I slowly pulled it out and parked it in the driveway,  Then it was back down the side RV parking pad to the Supra, my 21 foot ski boat.  After more jockeying back and forth I got it hooked up.  Now pulling a 3500 pound boat out out of its resting place for the last year took some effort on the park of the little Civic.  After rocking back and forth a bit the boat broke free and trailed up the RV strip.  Once I had it to a place where I could work around it easily I parked it, jacked it up high so the water would run out by gravity.

Pulling the very wet and soiled cover was not easy or pleasant.  Frankly it felt good to get my hands dirty.  Eventually the cover was out on the driveway where I washed it down, swept the leaves off.  In the process a seam gave way, that was disheartening but instead of giving up I came up with the idea of using little plastic ties every three inches to repair the failed seam.  It worked perfectly.  So I rolled up the cover, carried it back to the back of the boat, laid it there and unrolled it.

After taking the cover off the boat I used the shop vac to clean out all the leaves and dirt that was there, then I rigged a shop light to hang in the boat day and night, it gives off enough heat to keep the interior of the boat dry once the cover is in place.  To keep the cover from sagging I used the old satellite dish turned upside down, two water skies, a boogie board, two cookers on end and some redwood stakes.  Then I rolled the cover gently over the top of the framework I had made so there is so sagging places to catch the water, now the water and leaves can just wash right off the cover like its done for the past few years.  It needed to be done or the boat would be ruined by spring.

Once the boat was covered and the cover was tied in place I backed the boat into its special place only this time I had put 2 x 12 boards down as planks for the wheels to rest on.  Then it was back to hook up to the tow dolly and back it in, once in place against the boat then it was time to back in the motorhome.  Now everything is in place again but this time its ready for winter.  So my outdoor work was a success.

I'd not been back in the office long when Jessie arrived ready to attack the files.  She prepared a deposit, logged files out of the computer and started working on boxes.  She nearly has the lower office totally cleaned up, amazing all that she has done in such a short time.  At one point today the computer program she uses locked up but I was able to restart the server and suddenly it worked again just fine.

I've been writing reports again after a shower and when I move I'm reminded that last night working under the car and today working in all different kinds of ways has made some muscles angry but I'm delighted with the progress I've made today.

I also have to admit I enjoy walking through the hall and by the washer and dryer and see them gleaming and ready to work.

So tomorrow I'm working in again, can't land any appointments yet so I'll just work here, Jessie is anxious to get the junk out of the lower office and I'm catching the fever, that means dead printers, redundant office equipment etc gone.

So I'm sending you all my best vibes for your upcoming week.  Some of you face health issues, others relationship issues, some of you are trying to find lost love again and many of you are looking forward to Christmas music, lights and the many joys of the season.  May God guide us each day so we enhance the lives of those we encounter.  We have something special, the love of Jesus to share, a love that avoids passing judgment, that looks for the good and has an ear for those who need to just talk.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment