Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Super Sabbath

Dear Family and Friends,
Gradually the world is coming back into focus for me and this Sabbath has been a great help.  What a wonderful God we have watching over us, guiding us to peace and prosperity.

This morning was cold here, at least cold for California.  Once I rolled out at 6:30 I discovered there was no time to build a fire or even eat much breakfast.  I picked up Keanna at 7:40 and we drove to the Soccer field.  Her coaches, all three of them, were there to help them prepare for the championship game.

Once the game started all thought of controlling my resting heart rate to 120 were forgotten.  For an hour I was on the edge of my seat, heart in my throat as the teams battled it out.  Eventually the other side scored 1 more goal and of course 1 goal should not have happened against us but the ref we had today was very careful  about every move, the rest of the coaches for the past games were not so there were things called today that our players had never heard of before.  Anyway Keanna is happy because she got a huge trophy and they only lost 2 games all year and both to this team they faced today.

Afterwards we went to Nations for breakfast, it was OK but having the family together was great.  Then Kallie wanted to come home with me so she did.  She played quietly while I napped and then we found some children's decent movies on Netflix and she enjoyed that as well.  During the day she caught and caged a tiny spider, found the one red tomato to be found on my plants and played her little heart out, she brought me a blanket, pillows stuffed animals so I would be able to nap, cute.

Then I suggested we go to the park, we did and we both had a great time.  Nikki picked us up and we drove to Tracy to Strings for dinner and then the Harvest Festival at the school.  It was a carefully planned event with lots of free games for the kiddos to enjoy.  Keanna had brought Summer her friend who lives across the lake from me and they all had a great time.  I especially enjoying chatting with my friends and sitting by the fire with Dr. George who was manning the Smores booth by the fire.

Now we are home and I'm very pleased with a wonderful day of family, friends, rest and peace.

Tomorrow the rat race kicks into gear again.  Here is a quick rundown.  Fairly early in the morning I'll have a chance to catch up with a special friend via phone, then at 10 I'll see a local property, at noon Tom Miller is bringing his niece who is newly graduated from University but so far has not landed a job in her chosen field.  He was thinking that perhaps she could learn to help out here at the company on a part time basis, well I certainly need some help with Marilyn gone and the files getting deeper and deeper plus I need writing help as well.  I hope she can enjoy the quaint office where I run the business out of, it may not be her cup of tea and if so I understand that.

After we conclude the interview and lunch then I'll go back to writing reports for the rest of the day.  I believe that I might be able to see light by the end of the day, I so hope so.

I am thankful for the many blessings of this day.  As I was driving this morning I came to a remarkable epiphany,  I don't dislike Democrats at all, I happen to distrust this one Democrat who happens to be the current president but as I thought back I have great admiration for what the Democrats of the past have accomplished, Clinton did a pretty good job, Kennedy was incredible, FDR probably saved the country and Truman was a humble yet great president.  It helped me put lots of things in perspective and I certainly do not dislike people who have chosen to be Democrats.  Not that I agree with all they stand for at all but I can certainly understand why they believe as they do, for me this helps a great deal in bringing some perspective to the next 4 years.

Love to all,

Tim
Some photos of the day:



No comments:

Post a Comment