Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving eve

Well here I am at the computer and I've just finished up a review of an appraisal done in Oakland but there is a stack to my left that needs attention.  In the morning perhaps!  I'm tired and my eyes are crossing and blurring.

This morning I woke to work at my desk for awhile and then drive in the rain to Livermore, the house was little and nice, backed to a golf course and the lady was a long time nurse.  I enjoyed meeting her and we of course talked about her profession and her failed marriage years ago.  Seems her husband did not want her to get an education, to learn more, to make more, he wanted control and stood in the way of every effort she made to improve herself.  It got me to thinking,

There is a shift in many marriages where the shift of decision making shifts from the guy to the girl and wise guys let it happen and encourage it but power hungry ones feel threatened and balk.  I can remember as Nan began to take more control of our lives and it felt strange but she was so wise and decisive that in time I learned to let her, she was good and I could trust her judgement.  Not always but usually.

I went to the lab in Livemore and already got the news that I was 2.8, right in the right place so in one week I just might get a chance at the cardioversion and a new lease on life.  Lets pray that it can happen and will work, it is not always the answer and the other answer, the one involving surgery for my heart does not sound very solid as an answer.

Jessie came this afternoon and has the files, boxes and most everything in order.  She is pretty amazing and I'm very please with her work and her ability to learn quickly.  Tomorrow night she works all night at her other job, at a clothing store somewhere.

This afternoon I cleaned up the motorhome and delivered it to a neighbor who lives down the street 3 blocks away.  It is going to be a bedroom for extra guests who are coming in tomorrow.  I'm glad to have it used.

My hope is that your Thanksgiving will be meaningful for you, that you will have time to listen to each other, to share what is really important, to let God know just how important He is in your lives.

God Bless you all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment