Saturday, November 24, 2012

Interesting Sabbath

Well here I am and its about 9:30 in the evening, I'm celebrating another good day.

This morning I was permitted to take Kallie Sabbath School.  Kim was sleepy having just arrived home from Mexico late last night.  Since Diane was gone I played the piano.  Kallie likes to sit beside me on the bench and does SS from there.  There were 4 little girls and I think everyone enjoyed the experience.  Kim does a super job and is not flustered when the children go on their own way at times.

After SS we made hot chocolate in the church entry and then drove to the Dollar Store, later we hooked up with Nikki, Keanna and her friend Stacy who had spent the night.  The lunch was perfect, the food was good, the service was really good today.

Once the girls went their way I drove home the alternative way, that is the scenic route and then had a nap for a while. Later I walked down the street and picked up the motorhome, the renters were through with it.  Later I decided to try my hand at putting a trailer hitch on the Civic.  There was just one hard part, making a hole in the frame larger, then slipping a square washer through the hole and 10 inches to another hole, then putting a large carriage bolt through the hole and slipping it down 10 inches and then getting it to fit through the hole in the frame.  One side went easy but the other side was behind the muffler and that side proved to be tough, took hours and Ray came home, brought over a copper wire that did the trick and now the Civic has a trailer hitch installed.  Yea!  Purpose, to be able to shift my trailers around on pull them short distances, like the tow dolly, the boat or even Steve's little covered trailer, its just nice to have a tow hitch.  Currently the only one is on the motorhome and that takes some space to work.  Hard to back up a trailer with the motorhome.  Now Tom Miller can do it because he is a trucker but not me.

I've been running loads of wash tonight just to make sure the washer is really working well and it is doing a super job, cleans so well and the clothes come out of the spin cycle really dry, ready for the dryer.  The dryer works great too.  I know I'm mentioned all of this before but its such a huge step forward to have this newer equipment working so well.

Tomorrow I'll put the boat out and get it cleaned up a bit, perhaps even find a place that can work on it so come spring it can be ready to run and enjoy.  I'll also have to crank out some appraisals tomorrow, lots of them and get other scheduled.  Life without work would make Tim a dull boy, also one without funds.  I like having funds better.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment