Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Rain is upon us

All night it rained and stormed, I know this from the few times I happened to be awake and heard it.
This morning I picked up Kallie and we braved the weather for Sabbath School.  Good thing as Diane was teaching and needed someone to play the piano.  Even thought I'm not in her league I enjoyed playing and she did a super job of teaching the kiddos.  There were 4 little ones and what fun and a challenge they are.

Afterwards Kallie and I made hot chocolate in the church greeting area and then headed to Burger King where she caught an early lunch.

One Kallie was delivered I headed home and slipped into a nice nap, fire was crackling and it just felt right.  But I had a mission.  I had heard about a early vesper program in Yountville SDA where my friend was performing so once again I braved the rain and wind driving to the church.  The program was very good, carefully chosen readings about Autumn, the colors of Autumn and special music from time to time.  My friend did a masterful job of presenting her special number, wow, controlled, beautiful and on pitch.  Really enjoyable.

Afterward I had a chance to talk to Dolly, my friend who taught me the appraisal business and eventually caught up with my friend.  We both wanted to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joes.  By this time the weather was really nasty and we both got wet as we entered and left the stores but what discoveries.  I ended up with things I would not have known about otherwise but with her expert advice I now have healthy things in my own cupboards.  It was simply great to shop with her.

The trip home was for the first part very wet and dangerous but I just took it easy and had a very safe and enjoyable trip home.

What a great day, Kallie time and vesper time as well.  I'm happy tonight.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment