Sunday, November 11, 2012

What an incredible day!

Good evening,
I've just emailed out an appraisal that has been hanging over me for several days, finally I just had a block of time to work it up and now its completed.  Beautiful property that sits on top of its own 20 acre little mountain and has view from every direction, larger living area, very modern and comfortable, great pool, trex decks, a big barn and did I mention views of every direction.

This morning it was up early to a very cold, can I say close to freezing bedroom, perhaps its time to start closing some windows at night or get another blanket.  Sure sleep well except when I wake up with parts of my body that are cold through the thin blanket.

I quickly showered in very hot water and dressed, I came down to a Kurig that was ready with hot water, my steel cut oats were also ready.

I commuted to the office, about 10 steps but on the way put in laundry, it was time, all the white sox's were gone, down to a pair with holes, not good.  Then I set to work to set up orders and prepare for the day.  At 9 I had an appointment to call a friend and we chatted for over an hour, it was great and so enjoyable to learn new things!!  Then it was past time to do a local appraisal so off I went.  Once again by asking a sad story emerged.  This middle aged couple are selling and moving to Brentwood so they can care for her dad and her mom, mom is mostly blind and living on the water would be dangerous, dad is suffering from a disease that he got from developing weapons working for the lab over the years.  He has a good chance of pulling through but at this point needs the help of his children.  Once again cancer strikes, so often, it seems nearly every family I talk to has been touched in one manner or another.  Their home was in perfect condition and sold quickly for a reasonable price.  How nice that my commute to the job took 5 minutes instead of an hour like usual.  Thank you Lord for an easy one for a change!

Once I finished that inspection I drove back home to meet friends.  They had come at my invitation and we had lunch and discussed the office and how to get it more organized.  The outcome was that a young lady just out of college but without work yet in her chosen profession is going to be helping move the office to a more organized state.  She will work part time and eventually learn to be a writer as well.  It is a good feeling to know there will be some help so I can concentrate on getting my park of the work done on time.  It seems like the Lord had a hand in providing help.  Like all young people certain things are second nature, like her thumbs when texting, amazing and she readjusted the mouse on the back up computer to be less sensitive when I thought I would have to purchase a new one.  Off to a good start.  Now I need to get some trash out of the way so she can do her work.

I so enjoyed the Harvest Festival in Tracy on Sabbath night.  To see friends and to be able to talk for a few minutes is really great, makes one feel like he is part of something important again. Tracy has such good people, solid and dependable.  I've included a photo that Dr. George took of the girls as they were dealing with their Smores around the campfire. So cute!

So tomorrow morning I jump up and write as fast as I can on one of two that are left to get caught up with, then I hit the new stuff running and running hard.  Friend Ray was able to locate the needed circuit board for the new washer on the Internet for just $50 so in a couple days we will see if working on it was worth it or not.  Over the years I've fixed dozens of washers and dryers keeping them working for years at a time so I'm not afraid to try, right now the nice Maytag washer is in pieces, one hopes we can remember where everything went, I think we can.  The dryer that was given me at the same time as the washer is flawless, dried rapidly and has a huge capacity, what a marvel it it is, I'm just so thankful to have it and I love the little chime that tells me the clothes are dry, so classy!

I'm praying for a good week for all of us.  Life is precious, good and a great gift.  We need to enjoy it and help others along the way.

Love to all,

Tim

Don't you just love them, I know I sure do.  Wish Mia and Timothy could have been there too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim, I'm amazed and please that you are still posting daily. I just retired from my most recent corporate job, and hopefully this time can stay retired, haha, and be able to again read your blog regularly. The girls have grown up so much! I have moved to southern California to be near my parents and kids, we are still settling in. Glad to be back in touch with you, and happy to know that you are doing well.

    Deborah (formerly Benicia! Now in Simi Valley)

    ReplyDelete