Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Back in the saddle, well the Civic seat

Good evening
I've taken a break from the bug, my left leg is growing increasingly touched by pain and I attribute that to the clutch which when stuck in an hour of traffic must be used constantly.  So I have this perfectly good Civic which gets about 33 mpg so I've been enjoying the change.  Got to say it sure is nice in traffic, no clutch!

This morning I rolled out after a horrible night, took the dog to the park, ate a quick breakfast and headed out to Oakland.  It was not an easy morning, still feeling some rage from last night and in sour spirits anyway I was just delighted to discover an acciden on Highway 24 which pushed traffic back all the way to Antioch.  So a normal 1 hour trip took 2 hours and I had to just cancel the first appointment.  I was able to do the second one, lovely lady, nice 1.6 million dollar home, worth that only because of its great location in Piedmont where great schools, wonderfully diverse home styles and tree lined streets contribute.  I love working there, not a straight street anywhere, they all wind up and over hills and criss cross.  Its just a magical place.

Once I was through with the Piedmont appraisal and comps then I set out to locate a CVS which I knew to be located somewhere near.  I had left my watch there for a new battery.  I found the CVS and a Starbucks nearby so the day improved with the skinny peppermint mocha. 

From there it was a mad rush to a Dublin subdivision where a home was to be completed and needed my follow up inspection.  I raced up to the office but was told by Diane that the home had no carpets and still needed other things.  Then I raced toward home in hopes I could get to the school on time for Keanna at 1:15.  Well I arrived back in DB at 1, had time for a much needed potty break and picked up her highness.

Once home she did her homework and I worked too, then I dropped her off at a neighbors where her friend lives, they were all going to the soccer game tonight and he would take her.  That freed me to drive to Livermore for my lab, 2.4 this time, so the countdown for the cardioversion can finally begin.  Then I inspected this little house that was cute and in good condition, shot comps and drove back to Brentwood for the game.

Talk about exciting, this was a playoff game between two teams that were well matched, neither scored the entire game so they went to a process where 5 girls from each team got to try to kick a goal past the goalie.  Eventually we won that process and won the game.

On Sat our team and another team will play for the championship, talk about exciting.  If I'd had the heart monitor on I'm sure my rate would have been too high most of the time, so exciting, crisp and cold and exciting.

Well not you know about the day, not a happy one except for the game, having Keanna over and eating afterwards, all fun events.

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment