Monday, November 5, 2012

Whew, this one was a long one

So at 8 this morning I'm ringing the door bell at a home in Crystal Ranch in Concord.  Finally the owner says, my wife said you were coming at 9, not 8.  Well my file said 8, his wife had made a point of it being at 8.  All worked out and he had the most wonderful collection of model cars and two very nice Corvettes in his garage.

Then it was on to Oakland where I found an older but nice duplex in a very nice neighborhood and a wonderful Starbucks.  By then I had already been getting hit by conditions which I was reading on the phone.  My spirits were floundering,  The stop at Starbucks helped.  As I walked to the counter I saw that the bagel shelf was clear, bummer I thought,  but then the little lady appeared with a tray of multi grain bagels and my spirits revived.  Then I learned that it is once again the season for skinny peppermint mocha, no sugar, little fat and so good.  Now my spirits soared and I sort of carried that mood through the rest of a very long 230 mile day.

My next stop was at a huge house on the hills east of Oakland near the zoo.  The owner was a bit strange but the house was huge, finally I fled to shoot the comps.

Then it was to Milpitas where I was to drop off a check to Timothy for his special fund raising meal this Wednesday night.  Got to him and Jo for a minute and then was off to do a review in Milpitas and two in lower San Jose.  At that point I made contact with Jason and found out they could meet for dinner, we had a great time and it was so fun to see the kiddos in action.

It was an hour trip home and I arrived about 8:45.  So I left at 7 this morning and got home at 8:45.  But oh what a beautiful day, sunshine everywhere, warm breezes and a safe trip, who can complain.  There were so many phone calls today that the battery ran down, seemed sometimes the calls would come one after another.  Today I drove the Civic as my left leg gets really tired from the clutch in the bug, sometimes it just nice to take a break and relax in the Civic.

Now its bedtime, for some reason I could not stay asleep last night, I know from 1 am to 3 am I was up, sipping tea and trying to fall asleep again.  So tonight I'll sleep.

I've had lots of time to think both last night when I was awake and today while traveling.  Just rethinking how God has led in my life over the years.  For part of my life I had a very public role and then I retreated into a quiet private life. Both are fine but life now is often very boring and just plain tiring.  I'll be glad to get the heart back into its correct rhythm, hope it comes soon.

I had a small victory today!  I found a CVS in Piedmont that works on watches, replaces batteries etc.  I had decided that if I'm going to exercise more I need to use my device that straps around my chest and monitors my heart through a watch like device I wear.  I've never figured out how to use it but when I tried yesterday the battery was dead.  Well as of today I have a new battery and now I can learn to use it.  Also my good watch, purchased on a cruise in Alaska many years ago, a watch that keeps track of the temperature, the altitude, has a compass and does a couple other things, well it had come to the end of its battery life as well.  I had to leave it with him but he called this evening and said it is ready so next time I'm there I'll pick it up.  I like little victories.
Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment