Saturday, October 5, 2013

A New Day

Good evening,

What a huge difference a day can make, especially if its a Sabbath like today.

As I mentioned last night I was very nervous about playing for the worship services this morning at the Tracy SDA church, my home church.  I even woke before the alarm due to my concerns.  I ran over the hymns here on the piano which dominates my living room and they seemed to go pretty well.

Then it was time to shower, put on the suit and head to the church.  Arriving I found everyone gathered the old youth room, I'd not been in that room for many years.  I found the same carpeted bleacher seats I built so many years ago and they were still in good condition.  After going over the service we then filed out to take our place in an empty church.  Soon a few people came in, ready to give the new early service a try.

The pastor really knows her way around music and led with her guitar, it went smoothly and I began to relax a bit.  One tough spot was playing a song by ear in the key of C but seeing the song written in the book in a different key.

The second service was later and it went well too.  I heard the sermon twice and it was excellent both times.  Once it was all over and I finished playing the postlude as people filed out I really began to relax and could play with ease.  It was enjoyable to be able to help my church, filled with people I love and can relate to.

Once the services were over I drove to several little stores to try to locate some red cellophane  so I could effect a repair for the broken tail light on the green bug.  I located a red mesh at Michaels and it cost a whopping .59.  Since I was using my last dollar I was glad the price was right.  Then I drove home and a smiling Marilyn told me I only got one check, but then she had to tell me, that one check was for $2,100.  Enough to effect a real rescue for the accounts, it has lifted my spirits in an amazing way.  To have the piano playing over and then get a check like that, well it was nice and I'm so deeply grateful to the Lord.  Dolly told me in an email she had prayed that I might receive funds today and they came.  One of my clients speeded up payment for several appraisals and I appreciate that very much.

Then I needed to stop by Steve's office and fix a couple things that needed attention and he could not do it from Hawaii.  That went smoothly and I met his cute little rabbits who live in his office.

Then Marilyn and I decided on a lunch / dinner to sort of celebrate.  We went to Red Robin and since I had eaten very little all day the meal was just great.  Gardenburger and side salad hit the spot along with a lemonade that only has 10 calories.

Once we got home it was starting to grow dark and after a short nap we went outside and began to move things around.  Steve's box trailer got pushed to the very back, then the tow dolly was put in next and finally the motorhome was parked.  And since we are on a roll we pulled out the new boat cover and covered the boat too.  Things look better now.

I'm still debating whether I drive to the class reunion at Lincoln City or fly to Portland and grab a car.  I just took the time to update my Southwest Frequent Flyer account.  I had to talk to a lady on the phone as the last time it was set up was 1998 and you know you did that one, not me.  Since then there is much more security measures that have to be included.  So she went through and updated the account.  Now it works and I have a trip on hold that will take me up in the late afternoon to Portland, I'll get a little car and drive to Lincoln City, a couple hours at most, enjoy the weekend, drive back for a Sunday evening flight home.  I'll take the laptop and can get some work done before they throw me out of the hotel.  If I can swing it financially I'd much rather fly than drive 11 hours each way.  We will see if money keeps coming in during the week.

So it has been a great day with worship x 2, got to help with the services, to fellowship with people I love and admire, covered up the broken tail light and it works pretty well with it duct tape and red cover!  Really looks tacky!  New one will be here this week thanks to Marilyn who ordered it last night with her Paypal account.  She will be paid back!

Wishing all of you a good evening,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment