Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Not a great day

Good evening,

The best thing about today was having Keanna and Kallie here for the afternoon.  They are such great girls, both settle into doing what they need to do, Keanna does her homework and finds some good snacks.  Kallie finds the dog and play games with Pooka, not sure Pooka is as excited about it as Kallie but its good for her.

Once I completed an appraisal this afternoon we walked to the park where the girls played and Pooka and I sat and watched.  It was a perfect afternoon with sun and 66 degree temperature.

This evening my blood sugar had finally dropped some after a lunch of pinto beans and green beans and a griller.  I was feeling pretty low so we went to Olive Garden in Tracy where I had soup and salad and watched the Red Soxs win.  Marilyn was very pleased to see them win as they play near to her Rhode Island home in Boston.

Now I'm home and once I finish writing this I'm heading for bed.  I do not feel well.

Today Kaiser informed me that my blood was much too thin, 3.5 when the right number is between 2 and 3.  So they had me skip Coumadin tonight altogether in hopes of getting it thicker.  I had a huge salad and I know that will help the blood get thicker too.  The second thing I learned was my A1C is 10.6, a critically bad number.  For the past three weeks I've been sick and the blood sugar numbers have been off the chart.  I almost put off taking the test today knowing it would be terrible.  Well it is awful and I'm just bummed out about it and most everything.  I feel lousy and my chest feels congested and heavy.

So with all this cheery news I'm going to sign off now and hope / pray for a better day tomorrow.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment