Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Good day, feeling better

Good evening,

Well I'm still working and delighted to be able to.  I'm feeling better, not there yet but better, still a lot of coughing and constant blowing my nose, not really that fun when you are driving two hundred miles which is what I managed today.

Got up into a cold room this morning, really chilly and pulled on sweats and my Alaska sweater which I love.  Stumbled down to take blood number, better today at 149.  Then set to work getting things out the door, well actually emailed to clients, set up orders and concentrated on getting a driveby appraisal written and to the client before I left for the day, you see it paid $200 on the spot and I was anxious to use my new system to capture the money.  Well when I had the report completed and ready to ship and had the credit card number in hand the system in my phone kept saying it was declined yet when I took the time to run it through my old system it worked perfectly and I grabbed the money from the card.  So now I'm wondering why the square reader system would not work, got to solve that before I cancel the old method.

I got on the road late, called the homeowner and he said no problem, he was working from home.

I arrived in Gilroy about 1:30, inspected the nice little house, shot 10 comps (just to be sure) and then found the great Mexican place that Art and I love to eat at.  He's been eating there all his life and they knew me from when I've been there with Art.  The food was excellent, whole beans, rice and a whole bean and cheese burrito along with iced tea for $11.

Having eaten it was time to get on the road.  Knowing Sunol Grade would be terrible due to the just finished BART strike I went over the mountain to Highway 5 via 152.  Traffic was light and the trip home was uneventful other than I think the green bug has a growing problem.  I'm wondering how strong the front axles and the universal joints in each front wheel are, the spindles!  It feels like they are failing, I'm afraid to find out how much they will cost.  Will it never end?

Tomorrow I'll have the precious little girls after school.  Today Jessy came and did write-ups on three properties, one of which I've just shipped out this evening and the next will be early in the morning.  What a huge help she is.

I'm gradually feeling better.  At present there is no fever, some coughing, severe enough that one eye is filled with blood from broken vessels.  I've been blowing the nose all day and it never seems to stop running.  But I'm better and the meds are still with me for a few more days, 10 days in all.

Marilyn is still suffering with a cold and is treating it with CVS cold medicine which seems to be helping.

Well this is it, I'm out of gas, tired and worn out.

Love to all,

Tim

Jo and Jason report Mia is much better and was back in school today!  Thanks for your prayers for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment