Monday, October 14, 2013

Home

Good evening,

I rolled in about 11:45 pm after an enjoyable day of driving.  I had long forgotten how beautiful the Oregon Coast really is.  I've included a couple photos taken today as I traveled down 101 to Highway 42 which took me across to Highway 5 at Roseburg.

All weekend the conversations with friends from long ago were enjoyable, informative and interesting.  The food was very good including the brunch this morning which had everything one might want to eat.  The weather was cool but beautiful and the ocean is just amazing to behold.  Yesterday afternoon when we all assembled outside on the lawn that is between the hotel and the surf there was a rainbow to one side and crashing surf looking west.

I left the hotel about 12 and drove down for an hour or more before turning inland away from the ocean and Highway 101.  Once I got to 5 then it was either 70 or 75 mph all the way home.  I stopped briefly to see Jerry and Donna and she fixed me some very tasty food, just right to get me home.

Traffic was light and the Civic did a great job on this trip.  First tank 41.7, second tank 38.8, third tank was 38 mpg, not bad at all, well above the official rating for the car.  That included going over about 3 passes, some slower travel over narrow roads and through little towns.  I think the total costs were less than I expected, less than $120 for the entire trip of about 1,250 miles.  The car was comfortable, quiet and the books that Marilyn had loaded on the ipod were wonderful.  When you have books that are 17 hours long the trip goes quickly it seems.

Very thankful for a beautiful weekend in every way.

Love to all,

Tim



No comments:

Post a Comment