Thursday, October 3, 2013

Another big day

Dear Family and Friends,

Finally I'm sitting in my work chair again.  Its been a long day. 

I woke before light with the verticals banging in the wind, wind that had come up from out of the night.  At 6:45 I crawled out, had my prayer time and then showered.  Knowing I was needed in San Jose at 10:30 sort of set the agenda.  So on time I left for San Jose.  I scrambled through credit cards until I found one with enough space to buy a tank of fuel, got a free multi grain bagel with cream cheese, free because I was due a reward.  Free is always good!

I arrived on time after an uneventful trip with the green bug performing perfectly.

The house was on a corner and had lots of upgrading work, it was a pleasure to meet the 92 year old lady of the house.

Then I started back on freeway 680 and as I drew near to Mission I found an off ramp and went to Frys.  What a fun place to visit.  someone has compared it to Macy's for women, this is Frys for men.  I searched and found a $10 FM transmitter which allows one to plug an ipad directly into it and then pick up the sound on the cars FM radio.  It works perfectly and I was able to get back to listening to books again.

One nice thing about Frys is their eatery,  I had one of the greatest veges and rye sandwich ever.  It was that good.

Once I got home I only had a short time to work before leaving to meet Bob for a social gathering at a local physical therapy clinic that was celebrating being in business for 10 years.  What a happy gathering with good music and excellent food. 

On the way to Lodi to meet Bob I encountered a huge fire that had most of the roads and streets closed including Highway 5 for a time.  It took over 30 minutes to make it through traffic and get up on 5 and back on my way to Lodi.  On my way to Tracy this evening I witnessed 3 homes burning brightly and the entire field burning as well.  Due to the high winds the fire touched down in several places.  What a huge mess.

I've just come from meeting with the worship committee, preparing for the worship hour in Tracy.  I'm not up to the task at all, I will be doing some serious practice work tomorrow evening trying to get up to speed on the songs.

Now its bed time.  In the morning I have to be at Nikki and Steve's at 6:15 as I'm driving them to the airport for a 9:30 departure to Kona.  Oh I hope they have a perfect trip, how I love my kids and their kiddos.  Once I drop them off I'll find a place to sleep, probably in a Starbucks parking lot, then at 10 I see a duplex in Berkeley, then race to Concord to see a house at 11:30 and then back to San Leandro to see a place at 2 pm.  Then I can limp home to work and take it easy.  They will arrive about noon or before in Kona with plenty of time to check in and swim or go to the beach.

So tonight I thank a friend for some special assistance, what a relief and my Heavenly Father for His peace that passes anything we can generate here on this earth.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment