Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat

Good evening,

Its been fun this evening passing out Dum Dums, we got them because Keanna likes them and can eat them so it was easy to just buy 3 bags and we were ready for the onslaught of little beasties coming to the door.

Marilyn and I took turns going to the door and Pooka walked to the door every time to see the kids.

It seemed all the kids at the door were very polite with their parents hanging out on the sidewalk keeping them safe.

Keanna and Kallie came last, they had been at the golf course and had fun with their friends.  They rode on golf carts with kids from the school.

I've had a very low energy day, woke after a night of fevers and trying to stay warm and covered. I got up at 7:30 and just went back to bed and slept until after 8.  I felt terrible when I got up and as the day passed kept feeling rough.

Finally this afternoon after a bout of coughing I coughed up blood, that was it, I made an appointment to see a Doctor at Kaiser, she had x rays taken but they came out OK.  The lady doctor was so incredibly kind and helpful explaining every thing she thought I needed to know.  She carefully selected a new antibiotic for the next 10 days, one that will not mess with the blood thinning properties of Coumadin, could that be why my blood was so thin yesterday?

So on the way home we stopped and picked up candy to share at the door and then came home.  We stopped at Mels Diner for dinner and discovered that my very favorite restaurant, Grazzies has closed.  In fact it closed a couple months ago.  How I loved that place but  a combination of less than perfect service and high prices with high overhead finally did them in.  Very sad.  I loved their special soup so much.

Well I'm heading for bed now.  Still don't feel that great but at least I've been to the doctor and have received some help.

Thank you Lord for helping me limp through this day.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment