Saturday, October 12, 2013

Arrived at last

Good evening,

I've just arrived a few minutes ago.  Driving over 600 miles in a day is really something.  Its been a very long time since I've tried this and I was younger and had a helper for the trip.

This morning I jumped up and showered knowing there was a very full day ahead.

The first thing I did was print out some pages needed for my taxes, then I worked on conditions and then I headed out with the van for Pleasanton fair grounds.  Marilyn and I arrived about 25 minutes early and found ourselves about fifth in line, waiting to unload everything.  Once we got to the unloading area we followed Nikki's instructions and moved all the many many items to the mats and tables inside, from there the crew would put everything where it belonged.  As we left we saw a line of over 20 vans waiting to unload so I'm glad we got there early.

A rush order had come in last night with a due date of Monday, it was in Livermore and a little house in an area I know well.  So on the way home we stopped, inspected the house, shot the comps, hit the Starbucks and then drove home.  Once home I loaded up the things for the trip and left.  I got out about 1 pm.

With many bathroom stops along the way and the help of a couple Taco Bells I arrived about 11:15 here.  On the first tank it looks like I got over 40 mpg but I'm not sure the Oregon guy who filled the tank really filled it to the top so does not look so good for this current tank of fuel.  I drove 70 or 75 depending on conditions and traffic.

The thing that made this trip so enjoyable was I had the brand new Michael Bennett Book to enjoy.  It lasted over 8 hours and was packed with excitement about every other minute.  Wow it was great.

My room over looks the ocean directly and it will be beautiful in the morning, pretty nice right now with the flood lights over the surf.

I've already seen a couple friends who were still up.

I'm thankful for a safe trip.  Also very thankful that Nikki, Steve and girls are driving home right this minute from their week in Hawaii.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment