Thursday, October 10, 2013

Winding down, tomorrow I'm on the road to Oregon

Dear Family and Friends,

So all too soon Nikki and Steve with the girls have to head home, they are flying home tomorrow and Marilyn is picking them up at the airport tomorrow night.  I know they have had an incredible time and I'm so glad.  Talk about people who deserve a break, they are it.  I think they were at sea again today on a snorkeling trip.  I hope it went well for them.

I've been in working up reports today and I feel very ready to load the car and start my drive to Oregon.  Our class which graduated in 1967 from Laurelwood Academy located in historic Gaston Oregon is gathering for a time of reflection and socialization.  While some won't make it since they are in the mission field, others due to illness, others due to lack of funds and still others who just really don't want to come back many of us will gather, not pleased with our aging issues, weight, lost hair, sagging body parts but we will gather anyway at the beautiful Adobe Hotel located in tiny Yachats.  Its on the bluff over the ocean and incredibly beautiful.  Our classmates own the hotel and offer us some great deals to come and meet.

So in the morning I'll drive the van to Pleasanton, empty all of Nikki's twin sale items, there are lots to unload, then drive back home and get in the Civic and head out.  I expect to reach the destination sometime before midnight.  That is my goal anyway.  I have books on ipad to listen to, will take water to sip, apples and cheese to nibble on and just hope I am up to it.

I want to say how much I appreciate Marilyn's help in getting information into the Quick Books pro as I have to file my taxes very soon for 2012.  She has worked long hours getting everything entered and I really give her a big thank you for the help.

Well I still have to get more work done this evening so take care.  It is very likely that I won't log a blog tomorrow night due to the late arrival in Oregon.

Love you all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment