Friday, October 4, 2013

Stress filled week and it continues

Hello

What a week, very little good about it and my excellent luck continues.

This morning I got up at 5:44 to make sure I was at Steve and Nikki's at 6:15 so we could load the car and head to the airport.  They were Kona bound and it was great to see them all so excited about going.  The girls were packed, had their cute little suitcases on wheels and were smiling and READY.  That part of the day was really great.

We had awful traffic, not what we expected with some federal workers off and it was Friday.  We made it later than we planned but they had boarding passes.  When I left them off I stayed near just in case and went to my favorite airport Starbucks for a multi grain bagel and hot drink.  After I finished eating and had heard nothing I drove to the Berkeley address where the duplex was waiting.  Arriving early I plotted out the comps and drove them, shooting a photo of each as I drove.  It was different as I was in Steve's Honda Pilot, a fairly large car but I quickly learned how to make it work for me.

I received a text from Steve, they were sitting in their seats on the plane and eating!  That was great news and I relaxed.

Once the comps were shot I went back to the property and found a very nice two story duplex in great condition.  The owner was pleasant and met a lady who needed constant care.  He took care of her for 6 years and when she died since she had no heirs she gave the property to him.  He has continued to make improvements and it is nice.

Once I left Berkeley the next stop was a very nice 3,200 sf home in the hills above Concord.  Wow it was nice and the owner dogged my steps telling me every little detail that might effect value.  It was sort of cute really.  The place was great and he could have relaxed, his value is there.

From his place I found a Subway and found a credit card with enough room for lunch.  It was great and soon I was back on the road for San Leandro.  I arrived a few minutes late having had to go through the tunnel and the new bore is not yet completed for traffic.  This home was totally new looking and over $100,000 had been invested.  Now it was selling and it looked like new in every room.  Funny little event.  The guy who had remodeled the home called me over and had his laptop set up with speakers.  He had a 90 second clip about the home and it showed all the rooms and the music was loud and with a beat.  That was a first and I smiled and thanked him.  Sure glad he was not trying to influence the value!!

Once I was completed with this one then it was time to fight the traffic home.  Arriving after 5 pm I learned that no money had come in today and both accounts were once again slightly in the red, bad news and one of these days funds will arrive, for now its just stress big time.

Another stress point is playing for church tomorrow, I'm very unclear as to what I'm doing, my hands do not play well anymore and I'm really troubled by the whole process.  I won't be doing this again, it would be fine if I had the time to practice and prepare but with the work load on me right now I don't have the time and I'm feeling the heat big time.  I will be so glad when it is over, I just can't tell you how glad I'll be and I just pray that I won't detract from the fine service the pastor has prepared.

So with that I'm going to bed, oh yes there is one other thing.  When I got back to Steve and Nikki's to leave the Pilot and pick up my green bug I noticed something did not look right.  The entire red lense on the passenger back tail light is gone, totally gone.  I have no idea when or how it happened.  Tonight I tried to purchase a new one on line and of course the credit cards would not let me.  Marilyn had some funds in PayPal and got the lense which will be here in a couple days.  Talk about lousy luck!  My tail lights are falling off or being broken off, wild.

Hope your weekend works out great and that you love the one you are with!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment