Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Green bug returns to service

Good evening,

It seems every time I begin to catch up something else happens.  I'm feeling pretty well, I'm busy with good work, I'm pretty much up to date with appointments but financially I'm behind for sure.

Today the mail was a bust, nothing but new ways to spend money, no cash in the mail!  Oh well, there is tomorrow.

So Freddie from East European Automotive called this afternoon to tell me the car was repaired.  Turns out the fuel pump that is mounted in the diesel tank had totally stopped pumping, the filter was nearly clogged up, the serpentine belt that drives nearly everything on the engine was nearly gone with wear.  Well those things along with the labor involved ended up costing an even $1,000. That took all my money and until tomorrow I totally tapped out.

This morning I left early not wanting to be late to meet Jessy at the house we were to inspect, so I ended up getting there way early.  The only thing that did not make the trip was my measuring wheel, not a good thing to be missing.  Fortunately the owner had a 25 foot tape which worked out very well and with Jessy holding one end of the tape things went quickly.  In the morning she will come to the office early and write up that one plus a duplex and a condo.

Meanwhile I'll be in Danville in the morning to see two properties, then on to Castro Valley to reinspect one that needed a water heater strapped.  Then home to work once again and to hope that funds come in the mail which I can rush to the bank.

I have been wavering in my decision to go to my class reunion on the Oregon coast in Lincoln City.  No having enough money to buy tickets early they have now become expensive to fly to Portland and back.  So now I've decided to drive the bug up.  The total cost of the trip will be less than $130 as it goes about 550 miles on a tank of fuel and the trip is about 1,300 total miles round trip. Of course there is the 11 hours at the wheel that will not be so fun to endure.  I really want to see my friends from Laurelwood after all these years.  I won't be able to leave until about noon on Friday so my arrival will be in the middle of the night, that's OK.

Well right now its time to cash it in and head to bed.  Its been a very long day but a good one.  It is always enjoyable to visit homes with Steve, he has a special ability to set the owners at ease as we inspect the property.

A special thanks to Marilyn who watched the girls today so Steve and I could inspect.  The girls are out of school this week with this stupid system of vacations all through the year at times when the parents have to be a work.  A very bad system.

Sending love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment