Friday, October 18, 2013

Better and better, thank you Lord

Dear Family and Friends,

Finally after a very trying week the peace of Friday night has arrived.  For a Seventh-day Adventist the calm hours of the Sabbath begins at Sundown on Friday evening and extends through Saturday until Sundown.  These times are important enough that they are even included in our church papers that are published.  So the week with its challenges, taxes, illness, stress is laid aside and peace prevails.

This has been a much better day, it could have been even better if much needed checks were in the mail, they were not!  Very disappointing to say the least.

I climbed out into a chilly room, showered with very hot water and came down to prepare for the completion of an appraisal for an Oakland property and then to research for an appraisal in Mountain House which is near Tracy.  Not feeling too great I drove to the property and found a very kind and gentle guy who was working from home for his software company today.  The home was perfect and well equipped.  Once through I checked and found the Starbucks in Tracy was only 5 miles away so I had my bagel and a tea for lunch.

Once home I set to work on finishing up a Stockton appraisal, one where the photos were all too large to use as they were.  The owner in Mt. House had told me about a Microsoft program that made reducing the size of photos very easy.  I tried to find it but failed.  instead I downloaded some trash that tried to take over my computer and was based in Europe.  That cost me two hours to get rid of and its still not all gone but at least it no longer is controlling the computer.  Why can't programmers just develop and deliver what they promise instead of trying to get to sign up for all kinds of stuff you do not want and do not need.

That appraisal went out a few minutes ago, the Stockton one, after I opened each photo and manually downsized it to a level I could work with.  Now I'm through.

This afternoon the girls came to visit and it was great.  Kallie found lots of tomatoes and cleaned them, chased spiders with a glass and had fun while Keanna was content to read and relax.

In the morning I'm bringing Kallie to Sabbath School.

Thank you each one for your prayers, I do so appreciate them.

Sending love to all,  especially to Jo - one great teacher and mom, Steve - one great appraiser and golfer, Nikki - one great mom and accountant and Jason - soon to be one great lawyer, already a great teacher.  What a blessed father I am to be surrounded by these great individuals.

Also thanks to Marilyn who has been there all week handing tissues, glasses of water, giving encouragement, making sure I ate something, driving me to the doctor.

Thank you all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment