Thursday, October 17, 2013

Still sick

Hi
I'm writing a quick message since I'm working on a report that should go out tonight but might not.  The coughing is constant, the head drainage is constant and the head ache is also constant.  Yes I'm better today, I think the fever is down a bit but living, moving, working carries no joy for me these days.

I started the day with oatmeal and a slice of toast with a sliced boiled egg.  That seemed to work pretty well.  I worked in the office setting up new orders, 4 in the last 2 days, that is excellent news.  But when the mail came today there was no money at all, very disappointing and the account at the bank is suffering tonight once again.

I know there is money in the pipe line, just wish the faucet could be turned on a bit faster.  Its a very depressing time, I feel rotten, have no idea how to cope with the very large tax bill that was a bit of surprise.

I do believe the antibiotic will ward off possible pneumonia, that was Dr. Gee's concern based on what he was hearing in my lungs, the rattling and wheezing.  This morning I came down for my glass of water and to take my blood sugar.  It was 226 due to being sick.  Then I sat in my work chair and put the Thermaphor pad on my chest and let it do it heating cycle twice.  I managed to get a little burn on my chest but the warmth felt great and for a while the cough slowed.

This afternoon at 1:20 we left for Danville to see a nice home.  Marilyn went with me in case I needed her to drive.  I sort of dreaded this inspection, first off I was still sick so I wore my mask to save the homeowners from my germs but the owner had warned me that she was super allergic to any smells, soap, detergent, etc.  So when I knocked at the door she opened, moved back and handed me some blue gloves.  I explained that I went around the outside of the home first so she could relax.  Once I came in she first closed herself away in a bedroom but then when I came downstairs she was outside, she made my day by telling me I had a musty order and it was very strong.  Well I stayed away from her the whole time and did as well as I could getting my job done with the husband's help.

She told me from a great distance that her sister also suffers from this hypo sensitivity.  She lives in her home most of the time and almost never goes out anywhere for fear of the smells life inflicts.  I left understanding but bummed that somehow I carried a "musky odor".  Oh well it was one for the memory book, things I have encountered over the years.  By the way the property was beautiful and the landscaping, the Koi pond and waterfall, it was all great.

Once we escaped the trying appraisal and had shot the comps we found the Primo's Pizza in Alamo or Danville.  We love it, great great pizza and a super salad.  Along with a tall glass of water the food was excellent and by then I was so hungry it really helped.

This evening I've been finishing up on an appraisal for a local lady who is battling the IRS, just sent that one and now I'm working on one in Oakland where the owner died, she was old, and the reverse mortgage company is now seeking to know the current value.

Yesterday afternoon I found I could not ship out an appraisal, it was too large, instead of 2 meg its was 55 megs.  Eventually I discovered that every photo I shot on Tuesday was between 3.5 and 5 megs each!  So then I had to find out how to reduce the photos one by one and put them back into the report.  Talk about stress along with feeling pretty rough.  Wonder how old one has to be before you don't have to learn anything more in life?!

Please keep me in your prayers for lots of reasons but present that I can get healthy again.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment