Saturday, March 22, 2014

A different kind of Sabbath - kiddos in the air

Good evening,
Just checked with Jason and Jo with Mia and Timothy are set to land in Japan in the next little while.  They have been flying since noon today and will be there for 40 minutes and then leave for Malaysia, a total of 20 hours flying.

Jason let me know when they would be leaving this morning so I rose early, skipped my 3 mile walk for the first time in nearly three months and was at their home before 9 am.  I got to see the kids and they were wired for their big adventure.  We all drove to the airport and saw them off as well as one can these days with security being as it is.  Then Jason and I went back to his place to chat for awhile and watch his active bird feeder.  I left about 1.

This morning I picked up Jason's Subaru from Borden Junction where combined we spent $917 in repairs yesterday, all so the check engine light would go out and we could do a smog.  When I arrived to pick up the car it started without the check engine light on but in the next 10 miles the light came on.  I was really upset, we had just spent all this money for new converters at $400 a piece and here the light was back on again.  So I did not leave the car with Jason but drove it back so they could fix it right this time.  When I came back I went by my favorite little tire place in Brentwood to ask them why the steering wheel shook in my hand.  The owner ran his hand over the front tires and said they had slight bumps in them.  He suggested we move the front tires to the back and the back to the front.  We did and $15 dollars later the car rides smooth.  When I started the car the check engine light was out!!
For weeks I've been meaning to get my hair cut so today I went to my favorite lady, Amber and waited until she could give it a quick cut.  After Amber I decided to just drive by the smog guy to see if he was even open. He was not only open he took the car without the paperwork, did the smog, it passed and now its done. 

Then I picked up Keanna and Kallie as they are staying the night, a papa sleep over! 

When I got home I went out to the power box and shut the entire house down with the big master breaker.  Then I installed the two new breakers I purchased yesterday and put the other two back in that I was told were fine.  Once I had everything snapped into place and wires tightened I turned the big master back on and everything now works.  Breakers get their electrical power from making contact with a bar that runs from the top to the bottom the entire box.  Little fingers are supposed to hold the power bar tightly but two of mine were so weak that they were arcing across and not making proper contact.  The new ones work like a charge and are great.  Now I'm going to clean up the floor under the frig and then roll it back into place out of the middle of the kitchen floor.  The garage door and freezer work well again, nice to get it back right without killing myself.

And with that report I'm heading to bed soon.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment