Saturday, March 22, 2014

Wow, the week ends nicely

Good morning
Well I sort of had a late night tonight but really enjoyed myself at a very nice Thai restaurant in Walnut Creek, the food was just incredibly good and the company was even better.  I am thankful for moments like these.

Today was filled with differing adventures.  First off Pooka and I did the 3 mile walk, then the breakfast and I started working.  Soon I decided that I'd tackle the garage power situation.  For over a week the power for the entire garage including the freezer has been on and off with the only reason being the electrical service box on the side of the house.  so this morning with a screw driver, a pliers and a wire stripped I faced the power box.  Not wanting to shut everything down I worked on it live.  Not long after I started I let something tough something else and there was a huge fireball of light and sound, I was not hurt but could have been.  I ended up taking a couple breakers out and going to town to buy more but found out my breakers were fine, they were working great.  Before I got through messing with the service box I had one bank of kitchen plugs out including the one for the frig.  Eventually I ran drop cords to various devices that had power failures, that included a cord to the garage door opener, to the freezer in the garage, to the scanning computer in the office and to the frig in the kitchen.  I moved the microwave oven to the other side of the kitchen where the power is still fine.

So right now the house is a mess.

Late this afternoon I drove to a special electrical supply store and purchased two more breakers just so I'd have them on hand if I need them.  I hear some arcing where the breaker plugs in the power bar but the guy said I can clean the contacts and that should solve that problem.  So there will be more working around the 200 amp electrical service before these problems are solved.

I took time to write an appraisal and then hit the road first for a car wash, my friend does not like dirty cars, is never critical but comments when it is clean so that is a great reason to have it clean.

Then I drove to the electrical supply store and then back to see a property in Antioch.  They had two beautiful little pugs and work with pug rescue so they are on my good list.

Tomorrow morning I hope to rise early enough to get to San Jose to see my little ones off on their big trip to Malaysia.  Jason's car is finally repaired at a high price but converters do not come cheap!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment