Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3.5 pounds down!

Well Weight Watchers was the scene of a very happy camper this evening.  Stripped down as far as I could go, shoes gone, key on the desk along with my pen and wallet I gingerly stepped onto the menacing scales.  I expected it to be good but the ladies face lit up, this is a lady that knows something about dumping weight, she has lost 100 pounds and now works with Weight Watchers.  She smiled and said not so quietly, you are down 3.8 pounds.  Oh that was great news and the week of carefully tracking what I had been eating really paid off.
When a person tracks using the online system there is an instant reward for good behavior and a gentle urging to slow it down if slipping off the wagon.  Many of the things I eat on a regular basis can now be triggered by just typing in the beginning of the name and it pops up.  As time passes it will become easier and easier and when I take the huge leap to an IPHONE then I can track it on line all the time which will helpful.
I had the girls this morning and had a riot watching them interact with each other.  As we drove to school Kallie was playing her harmonica and Keanna was singing patriotic songs from a song sheet she keeps in the car.  It was loud and so fun.  It just made me smile, now I think it would get old after a few days but for one day it was magic.

So now I'm so sleepy that I'm about to drift off right here at the desk.  This afternoon a client called, emailed and  urged me to go back to a property located about an hour away to prove that the electrical power was turned on.  FHA requires all utilities to be on before funding the loan.  As I neared the property I found road construction had closed all the streets leading to the subject.  I parked and walked the rest of the way.  Of course the power was NOT turned on when I got there but was soon turned on.  What a joke, they paid me $75 because they did not trust the agent to simply tell them the power was now on.  Upon reaching my car I wound my way out of the torn up neighborhood and drove back to Oakley where the key was NOT in the lock. Fortunately the buyer had someone working nearby and he showed up with a key. Thank heavens for cell phones.  The home was perfect, recently updated throughout and already had a tenant's things inside.  It was sort of creepy to go into a place that has already been rented.

Then it was time to find diesel, oh I found it but it was $3.45 at the cheap station.  Yikes, here we go again.  I remember paying over $5.00 the last time around.

Upon arriving at weight watchers I found the room teaming with many many people, both men and women, happy, laughing and chatting.  Our instructor is excellent and really communicates.  What a lift to the spirits to be apart of such a positive organization.  There is a whole section of clothes in my closet upstairs that I cannot wear YET.  Keep this progress going and there will be a whole section I no longer dare wear for fear of losing them.

So good night one and all,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment