Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nan left us 3 years ago today. Today the kiddos filled the day with joy.

Does it get better than this?  I doubt it.  This morning I picked the girls up after their mommy had fed them a waffle breakfast.  Both girls were in rare form and made lots of noise singing and chattering as we drove to Tracy.  Kim did a great job of  leading out and Kallie enjoyed the program which was about the meaning of Christmas.  Before long we were leaving the church and on our way to enjoy some time at McDonalds.  The girls played and ate enjoying the opportunity to mix with lots of other kids.
Eventually we traveled back to Discovery Bay and I released the girls into their parents custody.
At home I loaded up the motorhome and finally let Starr out of the house.  She was so excited about being able to once again board the motorohome that she really perked up.
Finally the loading was done and I headed out.  Starr took a long ways to get over the excitement of just being on board.  Finally she settled down for the duration of the trip.
I set the cruise control at 55 and settled back to enjoy the ride.  Traffic was light the entire way and finally I arrived at the gate of MBA.  It was an overcast day with sprinkles on the windshield, a totally winter day.

Upon arriving Timothy was just waking up from his afternoon nap and Mia was also awake. So I got to hold her for awhile several different times.  She is an amazingly strong alert little girl with big eyes that take everything in, she loves to eat, toot, laugh and cry full volume. 
So in one day I am getting to spend quality time with all four kiddos and I also got to see Steve and Nikki and now Jason and Jo.

On this day three years ago we lost the love of our lives when Nan lost her battle with GIST cancer.  It seems so fitting that I was able to see the whole family and reconnect with those Nan loved so dearly.  Each year the intense pain weakens and the wonderful memories fill my heart.  I had a very blessed experience with Nan for the 36 years we spent together.  We loved life and fought to hold onto it.  And now Nan rests free from her suffering and pain and the rest of us live our lives as well as we can.  There will always be a special place in our hearts for this incredible woman.

Thank you again for the support you have given our family over the years. 

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment