Thursday, December 2, 2010

A day of waiting

Dear Ones,
Some days move better than others.  I started the day by completing a report that needed to get out.  Then I left for Patterson, a small town located about 1 hour away.  I was assured that I had the code to open the door but when I arrived the code box was not there.  I searched everywhere but to no avail.  So I started calling names I had in the file and finally someone in Modesto which is about 30 minutes away took my call.  She promised to try to locate a local agent who could get me in but after waiting for 7 minutes on the cell phone I gave up and hung up, then I dialed again.  This time she chased someone down who would be willing to put some keys for the house on her front porch providing I could locate her house.  Well it just happened to be behind a security gate and the code would not open the gate.  So I waited again until someone finally came up in a hummer and I followed him in.  After getting the keys I drove back to the house and did the inspection, then I drove back, waited until someone went through the gate and returned the keys.  Are we talking a highly motivated agent here?  Don't think so.
Then I caught I5 and headed back to Tracy for a much needed oil change in the bug.  And I was set to wait again, wait and wait, no more short oil change times, not now. Finally I was on the way home but suddenly I noticed a pile of firewood beside the road so I wheeled in, bought some on the spot, helped him load it into his pickup, he followed me home and we dumped it in the driveway.  Then I finally made it into the house where Starr was waiting having been in her little bed all day.
I settled in to write another report which is now gone out.  But when I tried their web site it was time to wait again, it would not open no matter what I tried.  Since getting home I've had a nice fire going.  I'm using the wood that came from my brothers place for kindling, it splits up perfectly and helps start the harder almond wood.
I made some important discovers today about the new Weight Watchers program.  For the second day I'm trying to keep track of what I eat.  Imagine my shock when the mocha from McDonalds turned up to be 10 points and the bean burrito turned out to have 9 points.  The entire day has 37 points in it.  I guess you can see the picture.  By this evening I was down to just 4 points left to use for the day.  Of course I have some activity points that I don't even know how to figure in.  Still it is a very good thing to find out what is in the food I normally eat.  I love the program, you just type in wheat bread and it gives you all kinds of wheat bread to select from, you click on the one you ate and it adds it to the meal for you and lets you know the points.
Well for those of you who live elsewhere our weather is turning nasty, wet, cold and dismal but the beautiful glow of the embers in the stove help to ward off the chill from outside.
Today for added excitement I picked up a certified letter from the post office.  I discovered to my dismay that my name was still on the last motorhome which is stuck in storage somewhere.  In the morning I'll try to figure out what it all means.  I've not had that motorhome for 8 years.  Very strange indeed.

Well love to all, in the morning Tanya my house cleaner comes to help tidy things up a bit. That will be a big help and its nice to have her around.

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim! So many days go by that I don't get to read your blog, and I miss it! It is incredibly busy at work right now since we are a retailer and it's the holiday season. We are having our huge warehouse sale with all the various cookware we make on sale at rock bottom prices; if you are near Vallejo between now and 12/13 drop in. e-me if you'd like dates, times, directions, etc. You are super-busy, too, I can tell from your posts. Sorry to hear about your arm, hope you are healing nicely. I love the photos you post. I have not gotten completely up yet; hope to soon. I wish I were as good at keeping my blog updated as you are. How do you do it? Let me know if you are coming anywhere near Benicia or Vallejo!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete