Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Baby the wind does blow

Winnie the Poo would call it blustery, he would be right.  All night and for most of the day the winds have blown here and they are blowing cold tonight.  Lois just said it was 45 outside and for those of us who live in delicate climates 45 is COLD.  OK.
This morning Starr finally had to push me out of bed, it felt good to just roll over and stay warm.  Eventually I did have to get up, had breakfast, fed Starr her wet food breakfast, got a fire going and came to the office to work.  At noon I left for Pleasanton to see a home that is languishing on the market without selling.  It is a fine home with a huge 1/2 acre lot, views of the coastal range of mountains, has a beautiful in ground pool and spa surrounded by slate, large RV parking pad.  And only a mere million dollars but for some reason it has not sold.  So I'm hired to determine a fair market value based on other home sales in the area.  I used to shy away from these kinds of requests but now I just find the facts, report the facts and deposit the check.
After completing the assignment my GPS led me to a Taco Bell.  Then I started to Antioch to see Dr. Jim.  The traffic was not moving on 680 going north and I ended up 20 minutes late.  After a brief wait I saw Jim and he helped with the heel pain, a prescription and a suggestion to purchase something that goes in the shoe to help with the pain.
Once I left Jim's office my car veered off Lone Tree right into the parking lot of UNO's Chicago Style Pizza.  Their soup was great, their deep dish spinocoli was greater, filled with good veges the pizza was perfect.
Now I'm home out of the wind and heading for bed soon.
Starr was so happy to hear me come home, she tries to jump and cries at me glad that I'm at home.

Well it is that slow time of the year and I've slowed down along with it.  There are so many things I should be doing or could be doing or might do, Sylvia suggested I consider making lists, she is incredible about accomplishing things with her lists but I sort of get tired thinking about it, perhaps tomorrow or the next day!

I've just talked to my brother, Jerry.  His world is a bit colder and has more snow since he lives in the shadow of Mt Shasta.  Yet he finds a way to get out and walk several miles nearly every day, has trimmed up a lot since he retired and is doing so well.  I wish I lived closer to he and Donna.  Their home is always brimming with family, great meals come out of the kitchen and there is a sense of love there that is very special.  I love talking to my family, they keep me sane or at least partially so.

Love to all of you,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment