Friday, December 31, 2010

A new canvas

Dear Fellow Painters,
Tonight we are being presented with a new canvas, clean and white, it waits for our brushstrokes, our shading, our sketching, our new pictures.  What will we paint on the canvas of the new year.  Are there images that we would like to leave behind?  Are there themes we want to feature, strokes we want to make more featured and predominate?
As I contemplate my life there is so much I want to jettison, to leave behind and I long in my heart to be able to love everyone I meet including on the roadways, love them in the same manner as Jesus loves, not with sticky gooey love but with principled caring, genuine compassion, unselfish acts.  I know a few people who live their lives that way, they hearts are pure, they attempt only to do good and when our lives are touched by these special people we are better for it.
I am so ready to move forward, to really live again, today I had a chance to speak with Roxanna, our friend who lives in CT.  She is one of those people that can tell me anything, even harsh things it seems at the time yet I know she is incapable of being evil or mean, when she says something it is from a heart of love and once you learn that they you can grow from her counsel.  It was so nice to talk to her and remember our wonderful time in Costa Rica a water shed time for me.  I went there still looking back and came home looking forward.  I'll never forget the healing and redemptive days I spent with such a great group of people.  I want more of that this year.  I love people yet I'm hardly ever with them.  I treasure the time I spend with the little ones and I think they enjoy it too yet I enjoy time with adults as well but rarely make any attempt at being social.  Shame on me.

You have a new canvas too, do the adventuresome thing, launch yourself into the new year with your best foot forward, singing or humming a tune, yes this means you too George, no one sings quite like you do.

I've loved your support and friendship in 2010 and I'll need it just as much in 2011.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment