Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fingers freeze measuring a house

This morning I noticed that the furnace was running quite a bit.  I'd not had time to build a fire and was leaving so I let the furnace do its job.  As I drove on the lovely levee road I was surprised to see the outside temperature was 36 degrees.  Once I arrived in Ripon and parked the car there was some sunshine so I decided to just go with the Alaska sweatshirt I was wearing.  It did fine at keeping my body warm but the fingers got colder and colder until they would hardly work at the end.

Once inside the beautiful home I warmed back up.  The lady of the house was very pleasant.  In conversation I discovered that the family included 5 kids so the big house made more sense.  They are moving soon to mid america but have not yet told the kids about the move.  Two of the kids are in high school, one is a senior.  I can only imagine the anquish when the kids discover they are moving.  This was a Christian family and she felt that God was leading.  For the husband it was a promotion and they were all returning to where family lives.

After completing the comp search I drove home and went to work.  I had a griller on those little thin buns for lunch with some cottage cheese and a huge glass of water, some V8 and felt ready to work.  So since about 1 pm I've written three appraisal reports and one that Steve helped me with is also emailed to the lender.

Something went very wrong at spin class.  I knew the seat was not comfortable, it was adjusted wrong for me but I had no idea of how bad the bruising would be.  Today I can hardly sit and then having to stand up causes incredible pain.  Next time the seat does not feel right I'll jump right off the bike and tweak it until it feels better, this is a pain in the butt for sure.

At 8:30 in the morning I see a property in Brentwood.  I've been trying for days to get in and see this one and finally the tenant is allowing me in.  I need to get it seen and completed.

How are you doing on Christmas shopping?  I'm about to start and of course I need to get my Christmas cards out too.  I've been enjoying receiving cards from many of you.  Nice to be remembered.

Sending love to all,  enjoying the Christian dish so much.  Watched some lady preacher over breakfast named Joyce, last night before I went to bed there was a great show with Bob Edwards, long time tenor with the Voice of Prophecy and my doctor Jim's dad.  Then during lunch today I caught Christian Edition on 3ABN, wow were they ever good.  I sang with the director Calvin in the Fellowmen at PUC so long ago.  I had no idea how much i would benefit from the dish but already it is inspiring me to do better, thats a good thing.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment