Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sleep Study

So I'm off to the sleep center in Brentwood, a little place where people pay $1,200 for a nights rest and of course are hooked up to all kind of sensors to measure everything.  At this point I'd like to just skip the whole thing but of course I'd had to pay a $100 fee to cancel so I'll stick with the plan.

Poor little Starr is going to have to be home alone tonight, something that has not happened for a very long time but I think she will be OK in her little bed with food and water nearby and a little heater to keep the chill off.  I know she will miss me, she is totally a creature of habit and her habit is to keep me warm under the covers.

Today has been a day of work, of an early morning walk, of good food and all computer problems thrown in.

How is your Christmas shopping coming along?  Are you there yet?  I'm about to start or maybe not after all.

So here it goes.  The sleep study will determine where I stand now with the sleep apnea.  I'm taking my machine just in case they let me use it at least part of the night, I've very worried about not being able to sleep without my machine, after all its been with me for the last 10 years or so.

I've got to say emotionally this is a rough time, not awful but not great either.  The kids reach out as much as they can and they are wonderful but I still do not enjoy being by myself especially at special times like this.  How different it is now compared to the whirlwind when Nan was healthy and doing her Christmas magic.  She was amazing in that she knew just what to get everyone, she cared and it showed, that was a very nice time.  Now she rests and there is quiet where there used to be laughter.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment