Wednesday, December 1, 2010

She Who Must be Obeyed

Good evening friend and family,

Its 8 pm and this has been a good day, not that I've felt very awake or alert but its still been good. 
First there was the walk in the freezing morning air, frost dominated the landscape and only the very brave ventured out. 
Upon arriving home Starr begged for her wet food breakfast so I relented.  Then with one eye on the Weight Watchers page in the computer I made two slices of my delicious whole wheat toast, friend two eggs and had a Mandarin Orange along with OJ.  That accounted for about 17 points.  The new system is so easy to use and sort of exciting to track what you are doing.  For example I got 10 points for the 3 mile walk and then another 10 points for the 40 minutes of spin class this evening, the only thing that really keeps me going is being surrounded by beautiful women and girls, to embarrassing to pass out in front of them plus the teacher, Kim, is so encouraging.
After breakfast I settled into the office and cranked out a report and 1/2 before it was time to shower and go pick up her highness.  As usual she came out bursting with joy and excitement.  It is really catching and before long we were sitting at StrawHat where I had the lunch special and she ate her McDonalds happy meal.  Of course she raided the toy machines which sell tiny little trinkets for a quarter. They included a cheese pizza for the counter with whole wheat crust.  It was great and so filling but oh does it ever have the points.  The salad was huge and filled with all kinds of goodies.
After lunch we came home for a bit and I worked and Keanna did homework and a lot of other things too.  Then we left for Girl Scouts in Brentwood.  So I left her there with Debra, Nikki's friend and came back home.  I was able to complete a second appraisal and when I sent it in I included some kind remarks noting that that company AXIS of California pays better, $340 instead of $225 to $250.  I just mentioned that I really appreciated your business model.  Later this afternoon as I was walking into the club for spin class a rep from the company was calling to thank me for the nice comments.  He said that such comments were very rare and he appreciated the fact that I worked hard on getting the appraisals right.  It felt good to hear such words.
After I came home from spin class I opened the damper on the stove and the log that had simmered all day came to life and it is roaring now.  Oops, a no burn day, well you see I don't get the paper so I didn't get the word, well other than Nikki sending me an email on it.  So today no smoke police came to the door.
Now it is time to mellow it out and perhaps sit in the jetted tub tonight.
So life goes on and oh what fun it is when I get to see one or more of the little kiddos that make this family very exciting.  They are all a real blessing, gifts from God though perhaps I see that more since I don't have to be with them 24/7.  I do love them very much and their parents too.
Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment