Monday, December 13, 2010

A new Christian dish

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening I have a new dish mounted on the back wall of the garage peeking upward toward the heavens.  Doug Crown from Valley Reception arrived this morning and set to work to install the new system, remove the old system and as a side also supplied Direct TV to my desk so now I can listen to the music channels or watch TV when I want to.  When company arrives I'll just move the box back to the bedroom so guests can enjoy it there.
Doug is a really enjoyable guy and sure knows his business.  The system works great and has about 30 other Christian channels beyond the Adventist ones.  It will provide a nice alternative to regular TV faire.

Deciding that I could not put it off any longer I did the three mile walk this morning in the damp air.  It seemed like a long way around without Ken to keep me entertained.  A few minutes ago he called and is driving from Sac to his house.  I've got to create a report in the morning so tomorrow morning I can't walk but it will be very nice to have he and LeAnn back from the midwest where they have been visiting family.

Tomorrow Steve and I see one locally and then I head out to Oakland to inspect a duplex, do a driveby inspection and then return to write things up.  I've had a little fire burning all day today so the furnace has not come on at all.  I just opened the PG&E bill to discover that the last month was the lowest cost in the entire year.  $213 for the month.

So now its time to say good night to one and all, thanks for the nice Christmas cards that are pouring in.  What a nice time of the year.  It may be time to start Christmas shopping soon, nay, not yet.

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment