Monday, December 6, 2010

The Calming Effects of Work

Dear Family and Friends,
So here I am writing early tonight, just back from having Subway and picking up a few groceries, wet food for Starr was the main reason for going.  Afterall I had told her earlier that I'd get some and she was counting on it.  Now she is full and happy and resting, well actually so am I.  Full and happy.

Today the check finally arrived from the least responsible management company I work for.  They are called Appraiser Loft and they make lots of promises, keep sending orders and today finally after 60 days paid on the account.  Nice to know they can actually come through once in awhile.  This was after I left hints, emails and verbal requests over and over.  Why don't they just pay like all the rest of the companies do?

This morning I considering walking and then rolled over and found another hour of sleep to be more helpful.  At 10 I drove to Brentwood and inspected a nice home, then did a follow up inspection on another home which had some broken faucets when I first saw it.  Now everything is in good shape and the loan can close by Friday.

This afternoon I wrote up the appraisal for the property i inspected this morning, was paid by credit card and late afternoon I emailed it to my friend Judy who still looks like she was in her twenties, is the nicest person to her clients and has a new baby less than a year old.  I love working with her any time I get a chance.

At this point I have a fire burning, actually simmering in the stove, putting out heat that will last the night.  How I love a fire and it would be very nice to have someone to share it with me.  Nan loved to have a fire in the evening and learned over the years how to build a really roaring fire and did so from time to time.

Something nice happened next door yesterday.  When Lois came home today from her home in San Jose she found that her grand daughters had come in and cleaned the place from top to bottom.  She was touched and thrilled.  What a nice thing for them to do.  I saw lights on but thought someone was just hanging out for the evening, had no idea of all the magic the girls created.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting to do kiddo duty.  Steve has a job which requires that he leave early so I'll go there and when the girls wake up fix them breakfast and then see that they get to their respective places on time.  It will be fun to do this to help out.

So now I'm winding it down.  I'll finish this driveby I'm working on for Alamo and then head to bed.  Tomorrow at 5 is my next Weight Watchers meeting and I'm hoping to discover that I've lost some weight.  My scales says so, lets hope theirs is working properly.  One can only take off so many things for the weigh in!!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment