Saturday, December 18, 2010

Interesting day

Good evening,
I'm on the phone with Jerry.  He has had a day of bad weather which is not that unusual for where he lives, you know he lives in the shadow of Mt Shasta and the winds, snow and rain can get pretty ugly at times.  He and Donna have a perfectly shaped Christmas tree in their yard.  Over the years it has grown from a tiny tree to a huge and beautiful tree now.  Jerry has devised a method of putting light on the tree using pvc pipes so he is able to keep it lit.  What a stunning tree.
This morning I rolled out late, made pancakes with chocolate chips, my first time doing that, and then dressed for church.  Today it was Christmas so  pulled out the suit and Christmas tie.  It was fun.  Then for lunch George and Yvonne invited me to Strings and along with good friends we had a very nice lunch of excellent food.
Afterwards I drove home in the nasty rain and in a few minutes made contact with Ray.  He was ready to try to get his stove pipe installed so he could burn his wood stove again.  So we spend the afternoon working on the pipe until we got it installed.  A few minutes ago he emailed a photo of his fire burning brightly in the stove.  Mission accomplished.  After coming home I found some very good soup, crackers and a piece of bread I had brought home from Strings.  I put it in the toaster oven and warmed it up.  What a great meal.
Not ready to quit I headed outdoors and pulled down the snow globe we purchased for 1/2 price from Ace after the season was over several years ago.  When working properly it pumps snow to the top where the snow then falls gently over the three snowmen inside.  The tube is broken so every year requires a new repair.  After working for about an hour it now works, snow falls and I can't wait for the girls to see it in action.  I have it in the front yard on a timer and along with a little wood santa on the front porch I am now Christmas decorated outside.

Inside I moved the recliner and brought the little tree in.  Then I graced it with strings of little lights and put the huge angel on the top.  We always have a problem with the angel leaning.  She is doing it now.  I'll let the girls put the ornaments on the tree which I think they will enjoy.  Now to those Christmas cards, can't let another year go by without sending them out.

So now its time to wind it back, head to bed and enjoy some hours of rest.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment