Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mellow Thursday

Dear Family and Friends,
So here I sit with Starr beside me on the couch, the DVR on pause so the DirectTV logo is flying around on the screen.  My fire didn't get started very well but the room is warm anyway.  I just want to eat, this happens sometimes.
Today I've written a report, walked in the park, had lunch at Subway, drove to Stockton this afternoon to conduct a field review of someones work and now I need to write up the review.  On Monday a guy is coming from Lodi to install or fix my Christian Satelite system so i can once again enjoy Loma Linda, Andrews and the Hope channel.  Three ABN I can live with or without but I sure like to hear Randy Roberts preach and also the guy from Andrews University, Dwight Nelson.  Plus this time of year they have wonderful Christmas concerts to enjoy.
I have this huge desire to go to a concert in SF of Chanticleer, a men's chorus that is totally amazing in their renditions of Christmas music.  The radio station, KDFC plays their music a lot and it is amazing.  There is a concert next Sunday night but so far I've not thought of anyone who would really appreciate the music.  My concert buddy went and got married and moved to the north pole or someplace near to it and I miss her love of great music.
Tomorrow is another blessing from God, I mean really.  Here I am in the deep of winter when usually work becomes very slow for appraisers and I have three properties to inspect.  Clayton, Dublin and Santa Clara.  Should be a very good day and I have a book that is so gripping its hard to keep ones mind on the road.
Its pretty quiet around here. Ken and LeAnn are in the midwest someplace with family and Ray is in Arizona on a business trip.
So thats about it for me this evening.  This weekend I'll get to see the girls for Sabbath School and then care for them while their parents have lunch celebrating Steve's birthday.  And tomorrow is Pam Whitted's birthday and Christmas day is Jo's birthday.  My heart goes out to people with birthdays in December, a total bummer.
When I came in this evening I noticed the house was dark and quiet.  Steve came this afternoon and took the last of the fish to his house and emptied the tank of all of its water so the pumps that have been on steady for the last 10 years are off and gone tonight.  I'm totally ready for this to happen and still I have a twinge of regret, just one more step away from Nan's loves and influence in the home.  She loved her tank, took good care of it and it became a part of the living breathing life in this house.  Now it is silent.  All of this would be fine if I were replacing memories with new experiences but I'm not.  I'm just alone and I'm feeling it more all the time.
Today the first Christmas cards arrived.  How exciting and I'm looking forward to each one.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment