Sunday, December 26, 2010

What a time!

Dear Family and Friends,
I've just got to say the whole Christmas thing turned out much better than I could have dreamed.  And I think I have the greatest kids and kiddos in the world.  I do have a right to think that right!!

Jason and Jo got home last time to find both little ones sleeping soundly.  Of course I was right next to Mia in case she stirred I could push the little pacifier back into her mouth.  They had a nice time out and I had a great time in being Pappa.

I had the motorhome in the driveway so slipped out in the rain to go to bed.  Well I had a mocha and walked Starr and then finally went to bed.  During the night it rained very hard several times, in a motorhome you hear the rain as it is hitting the roof which is about 5 feet above you.  I like the sound, cozy warm, furnace doing its thing, blankets doing the rest and Starr's little warm body nearby.

This morning we rolled out and went for a walk, Starr did pretty well on her shaky hind legs. Jason had some of the Christmas coffee brewed and that was great.  During the morning I pulled out the old super 8 digital camcorder, hooked it up and we enjoyed watching a Christmas at our house from 20 years ago.  Nan was in great shape, before the tumors were discovered, Jason was  a little guy and Nikki was a 16 or 17 year old.  I had brown hair, as Timothy said,  The kids watched unbelieving that Jason could have been so young.  It was a great trip back in time.  Midday Nikki arrived with the girls and we watched more of the old movies including her wedding, that was fun too to see Steve with his flowing long hair, Nikki in her beautiful dress and Jason and me both slim and trim.

We also watched a tape of a Jason birthday party, he always had a football game in the water out back and there were so many of his now adult friends there playing.  It was a trip back in time.  Jo put up with all of us remembering and was very gracious about it all.  Jason made cottage cheese loaf for lunch and along with asparagus the meal was great.

In the afternoon we opened presents and these kids are getting real good at opening presents.  I scored big with some incredibly good things from Harry and David, a GPS from Nikki and Steve and a large blanket that has photos of the kids and family on it.  It is wonderful, going up on the wall in my office for sure.

This evening I drove home in the motorhome and after hitting some very large potholes in the road the microwave came undone and fell right out of the cabinets.  That was a shock.  I think it is going to be OK but there will be some work to do to make it secure again.

I am so thankful for the wonderful Christmas I was permitted to be a part of with this wonderful family.  Every person adds something and together it is a very special group for which I am eternally thankful.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment